Chapter 6

Jai’s P.O.V

I looked into her beautiful eyes as they made me melt, my heart began to beat faster and I became nervous and sweaty. I really just wanted to ask her if she felt the same way about me, and if she wanted to be my girlfriend. But as I remembered her words at the hospital my heart began to ache “I wanted to tell you that I… that I… like the colour of your eyes”. She blushed and looked down to her hands that were in her lap.

Ava’s P.O.V

I just wanted him so badly to ask me to be his girlfriend or to say something like that, anything like that. “Ava..?” My heart fluttered and I looked up into his eyes “Yeah…?”  “I, have been… well lately… I’ve…” I was hoping he was gonna say he likes me too because otherwise I would be really embarrassed of what I was about to say “Jai...” I stared into his eyes “me too” he seemed to relax and smile, he stood up dusting the grass of his pants, he held out his hand to help me up. “Ava you have an eyelash below your eye” he giggled a little as I blushed, I lifted up my hand to flick my cheek, “hahaha not there” Jai took a step forward placing his warm hand just below my eye, I looked up into his beautiful brown eyes, as he slowly brushed my cheek his eyes met mine. He stopped his thumb and moved his whole hand to cup face. He slowly moved in to close the gap between our lips. His soft warm lips were perfect just as I imagined, I shiver ran down my spine and butterflies stirred in my stomach, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. As he pulled away he kept his forehead too mine keeping his eyes closed, his first words were “mmm…better than I imagined” I giggled a little and he opened his eyes locking into mine. “Wow” He said breathing out “What?” I whispered “Your, just so beautiful” I blushed and looked at the ground, with his fore finger he pulled my head up by my chin, and locked his lips back with mine.

--

“Hey Beau..? I said sitting down on the couch next to him “Yeah?” he said straightening his back “HI” I said with a cheeky smile “Really. Really.” He said dryly and laughed “Where are the guys?” I asked “Well, Luke and James are at the gym your boy is at the library printing something for school, and... Skip is...um…” He looked down in shame as if he shouldn’t have answered the question. “Where is Skip?” He looked up at me “I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone” he said blushing, “Oh ok then” I slouched back down into the couch with a sigh “Oh Alright! But don’t tell anyone!” I sat up rapidly with a smile and faced him “He is going to go break up with his girl” The smile wiped from my face “Oh” “Yeah, but don’t say anything” “How come? Like I won’t say anything I promise but why?” “Uh I can’t tell YOU that sorry..” I didn’t like the way he said ‘YOU’ like skip had said specifically said not to tell me. I was hurt. “How come not ME” I said sarcastically, “Uh look Ava, I really shouldn’t of said anything it’s really not my place” I was suspicious but I knew Beau well enough now that his relationship with Skip was important so I didn’t push it further.

Beau and I had a heart to heart about all our feelings and everything and about Jai and me, until Skip barged in the door. His eyes were red, he has obviously been crying.

Beau’s P.O.V

When Skip barged in he looked a mess, I could tell by Ava’s expression she was shocked, she got up quickly and ran to Skip, at that moment I knew what Skip was thinking. She wrapped her arms around his neck “Oh Skip, don’t cry” Skip’s face lit up a tad when she hugged him; he wrapped his arms around her waist and took a deep breath in, as if to savour the moment forever. I stood up silently trying to get Skip to open his eyes. As I caught his attention I tried to mouth out words to Skip without getting caught by Ava, “DON’T, SKIP, YOU CANT, SHE’S WITH JAI” I empathized each word carefully.  

At that moment Jai walked in the room “OI bro what’s up?” Jai put his arm on Skip’s back and he instantly let go of Ava. “My girl broke up with me” Ava turned her head rapidly to mine, her eyes full of curiosity, “Ava could you put those songs on my laptop now?” “Uh-” “Please!”  I cut her out and nudged my head towards my bedroom.

Ava’s P.O.V

“How come Skip said his girl dumped him I thought you said-” “Shh” Beau cut me out and peeked his head out the door to check if anyone was listening, “Beau what’s going on?” He turned around and joined me on the bed “A lot” he looked nervous and kept his eyes on the door “BEAU! Please tell me what’s going on?!” He took and deep breath and turned to look into my eyes, “It’s not my place to say it Ava, but please be careful” “I can’t be careful if I don’t know what to be careful of!” I whispered it loudly knowing Beau was trying to keep his voice down. “Look, Ava you mustn’t say a word! I promised Skip I wouldn’t tell you but it’s been bothering me ever since!” “What is it Beau?” I said quietly just wanting him to give up and tell me. “Well, Skip, he kind of has feelings for you” I could feel my jaw drop and my mouth dry up. “I know this is hard for you-” “HARD for me! Beau this is more than hard! I already had the same problem with Luke and I ended up in hospital!” “Please Ava you need to keep it down!”

I could feel tears of realisation swell up on my eyes “That’s why he dumped his girl” Beau simply nodded and wrapped his arm around me as I cried into his chest. “Babe, this is why I need you to be careful, I’ve known Skip all my life, he is one of the most nicest kids I’ve ever met and even though he respects women and all that shit, when he likes a girl this much he will do everything in his power to get you to like him back.” “What do I do?” “Well, I sugest you stay with Jai at all times, that way he won’t ever say it in front of him, and make sure never to be alone with him or worst of all be led on by him..” “What do you mean led on by him?” “Well Skip sort of has a talent, he can persuade any girl, into pretty much anything into doing…stuff…” I choked up a little “Like what?” “Stuff like this”he hesitated at first but then he cupped his left hand around my cheek then leaning into my neck sweepin the hair to the side, he whispered into my ear than he breathed out hot air down my neck sending me shivers down my spine. “See..? But he does much more and its MUCH better when he does it, he will flirt, touch, whisper, everything and anything to get you too fall for him back” “w-what.?... Did you just say f-f-fall for me… he is in… in love with me?” Beau sighed once again “Babe don’t stress I will talk to him as much as possible try and get him to let it go, we can’t tell Jai, we can’t hurt him like that, it will only cause a fight and then they won’t be friends” I always felt close to Skip but I never that close.

Beau’s P.O.V

I know how Skip is feeling it is hard to like someone knowing they can never be yours, especially if the girl you’re in love with is in love with your brother.