Chapter 36

Luke lead us through the doors quietly into the private room the baby and Steph were in, as soon as my I entered the room my eyes fell the baby boy in Steph's arm, my heart nearly flew through the roof at the sight of how beautiful he was, I couldn't escape the tear falling from my eye.

I slapped Luke on the back in congratulations wiping the tear from my eye, Ava's arm wrapped around my waist as we stepped closer to the baby. Everyone was crowded around the bed, and I just thought. This is actually the first time all of us, James, Beau, Luke, Skip, Steph, Abby, Ava and I have all been together since the incident.

Ava's P.O.V

"Do you have a name for him yet" I whispered in fear of waking up the new born baby in Steph's arms with his eyes closed and small lips parted. Steph's eyes were red from crying as she stared in awe at the little boy in her arms, I couldn't help but have my mind wander into the future in hope that  maybe me and Jai might have this one day. 

"Well" She drifted off switching her to Luke above her, he smiled and looked at everyone in the room. "We have decided to call him Janos, which is Steph's Dad's name" 

I couldnt help but smile at the name, it was so weird but hey im not one to judge, its Luke and Steph not as if they were gonna go with something obvious like John.

"Can I hold him" Jai whispered next to me, Steph nodded and didnt leave her new baby boy out of her eyes as she passed him to Jai. He came to stand next to me holding Janos.

"Hey little guy" Jay muttered nearly unaudiably for anyone to hear but me, I saw the tears well up in his eyes and within seconds i felt my own cheeks wet with tears. 

"May I?" I looked over to Skip across the room in his wheelchair asking to hold Janos, Jai took a step towards Skip, when he stopped him. "Don't move please" The whole room shook out of the trance of Janos and focused on Skip. 

I watched as he grabbed the sides of his arm wrests pulling him self up, my heart broke at the site still seeing him in the state he is. Only last week was he walking around or playing soccer in the park with the guys, and now we watch as he learns all over again to learn how to walk. 

He swallowed hard and squinted his eyes struggling to hold himself up, I could feel the desperation in the room by everyone, as we all wanted to just help him up, but we knew he needed to do this. 

He finally stood up and pushed his chair away from him, he took in a deep breath and took one slow steady step foward, my tears were now streaming down my face, the bravery, the struggle, the battle, the heartache, the joy everything was just pouring out of everyone in the room and you could feel it in the air. 

Skip took another step foward, he stumbled a little bit making everyone want to just reach out, but he made it to Jai, and i couldnt be more proud of Skip. 

"The doctors told me I wouldnt be able to walk and the chances would be slim, and I know that some of you may have thought this wasnt going to be possible" I swallowed back the lump in my throat "But I am not going to watch Janos learn how to walk before me" We all chuckled at Skips comment as we watched Jai hand him Janos. 

"But I needed something, I needed hope, a light, and I thought, that, honestly it would be the girl i was in love with, but its not that. This is it,  he is my anchor, keeping me from giving up.......Welcome to the family Janos..." Then he bent down and whispered into his ear which was only just audible to me who was the closest to him "I'll teach you how to walk little guy, they'll think its easy" 

I smiled and leant into Jais arm taking in his scent, and the picture before me, a moment in time I want to stay in forever. A moment of new life, new loves, old loves, memories, accomplishments, friendships, and over-all family.