Chapter 5

The door flew open; Jai rushed inside and walked straight into his room, Luke walked in after “I’m sorry Ava” I got up “you should be Luke...” I didn’t say this with anger but with sympathy I could see he was hurt, “You should go talk to him” I listened to Luke and walked into his room, “Jai?” I said this really softly “Come in” there was a knock on the front door but I walked into Jai’s room. He was lying on his stomach with his head in a pillow.  “Jai, I’m sorry about everything” He looked up at me and smiled, I was surprised he even looked up at me but to smile! Wow! There was a knock on the door, “Uh- Ava? Some guy named Eli is here for you” My heart dropped and my stomach turned “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY! NO ELI?!” “What? Who’s Eli Ava?” jai asked “That’s my ex” I ran out past Beau and stopped to find him at the front door.

“What are you doing here Eli?” He had flowers in his hands and smile on his face, but that didn’t last “I heard about what happened I rushed to the hospital and they told me you were here?” I took a step forward and stretched my head up “You didn’t answer my question Eli… Why are you here?”  He took a step back “I’m here for you” “Please go home Eli” He held out the flowers, Jai walked in at that moment “What’s going on?” I turned to face Jai, “Don’t worry about this Jai” He walked to my side, he held out his hand to shake Eli’s, “Hey I’m Jai” Eli didn’t even look at Jai “Is this your boyfriend!” “Go home Eli” I turned around and grabbed Jai’s arm to pull him, “No.” I turned to face him “Jai, Please” “No Ava, is this him?” “What?” “Is this the guy that fucked you over?” “Who told you that Jai?” He looked over at Luke, I rolled my eyes “Are you serious” I looked back over at Eli, He was staring down Jai, “Eli, go home NOW” Jai stepped forward at Eli so they were at eye level, Jai was a head shorter than Eli, “Don’t Jai please” I grabbed his arm to pull him pack but he nudged me off.

“Yeah, come on Jai go” Eli mocked my voice and pushed Jai lightly, I could tell by Jai’s eyes that was the wrong move by Eli, “DID YOU JUST…PUSH ME!” He pushed Eli back tougher and made Eli step back, “Jai please don’t”  Eli stepped forward and pushed Jai harder it made him fall, he got back up quickly and Pushed Eli out the front door. I ran out with them and heard Beau and James run out behind not long after, they began to punch at each other on the lawn “STOP JAI STOP!” Beau ran in between them to break it up, James held my hand and tried to pull me inside, I nudged his hand away “STTTTOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!” I shouted at the top of my lungs both of them stopped and looked at me, I took a deep breath in “Your both acting like 5 year olds! IF you wanna start acting your age I suggest you think of a different way to sort this out!” Jai looked at me and stepped back from Eli.  James grabbed my arm more firm this time “Ava come inside and let the boys sort this out” I was about to speak “Trust me Ava, Beau will make sure no one gets physical” “Lets get physical, physical-“ I snapped around to see Luke dancing in the door “Oh sorry” and he walked back inside, I have to admit I did try and hide a smile, James led me inside.

After a couple of minutes Jai and Beau came inside, I jumped up from the couch and walked over to Jai, “What happened! Im so sorry! Are you okay?” He didn’t answer me “Everything’s ok babe” I tried to hide a smile, him calling me babe sent me shives down my spine. I smiled at him and he smiled back, “How’d you get him to leave?” Jai bit his lip “Umm, let’s just say he won’t be gone for long” “Huh?” “Don’t worry babe, nothing bad” he stepped forward and wrapped his hands around my waist for a hug.

I did want to know what he meant by ‘he won’t be gone for long’ but at the moment I was just so happy to be with Jai.

That night I went back to my house and James’ stayed the night at Beau’s. They invited me to stay but I just really wanted to get back to my own bed for a night.

That morning I got a wake-up call from James as usual saying ‘Morning Beautiful’ as I was about to text back but I got another text ‘Good morning babe, come over mine today yeah?’ At first I wasn’t sure who it was but I had an idea that it was from Jai. ‘Hey, I’m not sure but this is Jai right?’ he replied straight away ‘Haha, of course, come soon!’ I smiled at his text and got dressed as quickly as I could.

Jai’s P.O.V

I heard the door knock and walked as fast as I could to get it, as I opened the door her beautiful face made it as if she lit up the room. “Hey, you look beautiful” she smiled and looked down and her hair covered her eyes. I took a step forward and lifted her chin up, she smiled at me crookedly, I tilted my head and moved in to kiss her, “HEY BABE!” James scared me and I took I step back, he gave Ava a hug and when she looked over his shoulder she smiled seamlessly at me.

Ava’s P.O.V

James grabbed my hand and pulled me inside; I grabbed Jai’s hand with my free hand to pull Jai with me. “Hey, how you feeling?”  Beau got up and as usual kissed me on the cheek. I wondered where Luke was though because he was usually there next to Beau, maybe he was in his bedroom “Where’s Luke?” Beau looked up at Jai first “Ahh, his out, with-” “His out.” I could tell Jai cut Beau out from saying who he was with. “You hungry babe?”  “Yeah a little” “Oh well we actually don’t have any food” I laughed at James, “I’ll cook you something” I turned to face Jai “You can cook?” “hahaha I guess but not great” He nudged his head to indicate to me to follow him to the kitchen.

I sat down at their little table in the middle of the kitchen, “So what do you want?” I smiled and looked up at him “whatever you can cook” He smiled at me and went to the fridge.

Jai told me not to look when he was cooking but every now and then I would try and turn my head to see what ingredients he was using.

After about half an hour so tempted just to turn around he finally put the plate on the table, it was covered with a tea towel and he whipped it off, on the plate was bacon, scrambled eggs, small sausages, tomatoes and toast “OMG JAI IM A VEGETARIAN YUCK!” His eyes grew wide and he held his head forward, I bursted out in laughter, he pulled his eyebrows together “Im kidding Jai, it’s beautiful…thank you” I leaned in for a kiss and so did Jai “MMMM… what’d you make Jai?” It seemed like every time me and Jai were about to kiss we would be interrupted, Jai kind of rolled his head in annoyance towards Beau “Yours is on the counter with James’ ” I smiled at Jai when he rolled his eyes when he looked back at me. 

After breakfast Jai and I decided to go for walk around to the park, since it was such a nice day.

Jai touched the back of my hand; he moved his hand down my wrist and entwined his fingers with mine.  I looked up at him and he was blushing, it was so cute.

“How long have you known James for?”  We stopped walking and sat down on the grass, “Uh, well… ever since I was 9” His eyes grew wide “wow you’ve known him for long then” “yeah I guess but I was never close with him until I was 12” He laughed, “Ava… um can I tell you something?” we sat crossed legged facing each other, “Yeah, anything”