Chapter 3

The boys came not long after and it was kind of a relief not to be their alone, “What was that all about?” As Beau asked Jai I knew it could turn into something bad so I got up and walked straight over to Luke “I need to talk to you” I grabbed his arm but before I could pull him away he grabbed my waist and pulled me close for a kiss. I knew everyone’s eyes were on us because the room went silent, when he released me I pulled his arm to pull him towards his bedroom. I could hear Beau say to Jai “I see why now”

I pulled him down to sit on the bottom bunk, “I like you a lot Luke” “I like you too babe” “No Luke let me finish please this is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do” he stopped sensing something was wrong, his face went a tad pale and I was a little worried. “Luke are you okay?” his face went a tad green and he stood up quickly staring at me with huge eyes.

Jai’s P.O.V

I sat on the couch waiting for her to come out side, I knew it might take a while and Luke would probably never talk to me again. At that moment I heard a loud scream from the bedroom, it was Luke and he screamed my name, everyone stopped and ran to the bedroom. 

I walked in to find Ava on the floor, “She-she- she went pale and she-she hit her head on the-the table, help her please!” He screamed and stuttered I didn’t move, I was frozen, everything went slow and silent just like the movies. Beau fell on his knees at Ava to check her he yelled out to call the ambulance to me, but I didn’t move I stood there in shock James ran out of the room to call them instead.  Daniel tried to pull me away but I pushed him, fell on my knees at Ava and began to cry.

At the hospital everything was blurry I sat in the waiting room with the boys waiting for the doctor to say everything was ok. Ava was rushed to the emergency room and the doctors didn’t look as worried as I, Beau sat by my side with his hand on my shoulder “she’s gonna be okay Jai” I looked over at him as if he knew I liked her. “What if she’s not Beau, what if I never see her again?” I could tell by his expression he didn’t know how to answer, I got up wondering if Luke was okay too, I do still have to except the fact my brother likes her too.

--

 “How are you doing?” Luke’s eyes looked up at me “I’m alright you?” “Yeah I’m good, uh Luke about Ava-” he cut me out “I know you like her Jai….you don’t need to explain, don’t worry about it” He sighed and got up and began to walk away, but I grabbed his arm “what? How did you...when did you … what?” He shook my hand off his arm “Your my brother Jai, the way you look at her, I can tell how much you like her, same goes for her, don’t let me be the one to stop you” His words weren’t out of anger or sadness but more understanding. “I love you Luke, don’t ever forget that” He smiled a twinge “Alright whatever fag” He punched me playfully and walked away.

I ran up to the doctor that walked out of the emergency room, “IS SHE OKAY? AVA? SIR IS SHE?” The doctor put the clipboard under his arm “Calm Down son Ava is resting now” I breathed out deep in relief and my eyes filled up with happiness “W-what happened?” “I’m afraid Ava had an anxiety attack and the head injuries weren’t too bad but when she wakes we might have to ask her some questions” “Can I see her?” The doctor nodded once and directed his hand the way I should go.

When I walked in the room my eyes filled with tears, she had needles and chords all around her body and the beeping noise of the heart meter phased out by my tears. As I held her hand I began to whisper in her ear “Please wake up Ava, please, wake up, babe listen to me I need you, I’m lost without you, I need you to wake up and hold me, please, Ava I miss you” At that moment I heard a light moan from Ava’s mouth “mm... Jai?” I was so excited just to hear her voice “Ava? Babe? Its Jai wake up” Her eyes began to flutter open slowly, she squinted her eyes at the bright lights “Omg, babe your awake” Tears of joy fell down my face, I knew I probably had to call in the nurses but I was just so excited to see her eyes, “Mmm.. Jai?” at that moment her eyes closed and her body seemed to relax; ‘beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ doctors rushed into the room and pulled me out “NOOOO!! AVA PLEASSEE!” I knew at that moment what was happening and I tried to blank it out the doctors escorted me out of the room tears streaming down my face.

The nurses pushed me out the door and I backed up on to the wall, I slid down it slowly to wait.