22. Shoulda Coulda Woulda

VIVI- ANNE'S POV

I stand outside the ALDC. My mom is still in the car- I wouldn't let her come with me. If I want to be on the team, I have to let Abby know that it's me who wants to be on the team. Kenzie and the girls made it clear that they thought I chose to leave the team, and I have to make things right. I really, really want to be on this team.

I have to make sure my mom doesn't come and join me. She means well, I know it, but sometimes she doesn't think before she speaks and that would ruin everything.

I feel like there's a chance Abby will let me return. We already paid the tuition and I was really improving there. But it's all counting on my mom. One more slip of the tongue will mean disaster.

We're an hour early- classes start at 7:45, but pyramid is at 9. Hopefully, Abby is already in the studio.

She is. Turns out the producers are also there. I'm trying to have faith, but it sounds like my mom called them up and told them that I would come back. Thanks, mom. Talking to Abby is enough pressure. With national TV too? Yikes.

She's at the front desk with Gianna, organizing music.

"Hello, Miss Abby. May I please speak with you?"

"Go ahead. I'm listening."

"I know I was kicked off the team last week because I competed a duet against the ALDC. But that wasn't planned, in fact it was set up without my knowledge. I'm sorry. I was wondering... Well, if it would be possible... Could I join the team again?"

"Vivi, you know I'm very disappointed with you. You showed promise. You worked hard. And you threw this team away for your mother. That's not acceptable behavior here. But-" she glances at the cameras- "I would be open to you coming back. "

"Thank you, Miss Abby. I will do my best. I won't let you down."

"But... You know you're on probation. I saw you improve by leaps and bounds while you were here. I'm expecting just as much from you now. It's obvious that you aren't at the same level as everyone else. Now... Where's your mother? I have to speak with her."

I get my mom from the car. Gianna gives me a private while they talk. She works on my leaps. "All the other girls can reach a split midair. And this will help you get your aerial."

At 8:30, the private ends. Abby's going to go over pyramid, and introduce me at the end. It is supposed to be a surprise. After what the girls said at competition, I hope this goes over well.