7. Competition

We get to the competition with an hour to spare before the group dance. The group is first, then the solos, then the duet/ trios. So Kenzie and I don't have to dance until around 4 or 5. The girls start practicing for the group, while Kenzie and I sit in the corner, talking. Kenzie's actually really witty. She has these amazing puns and jokes that leave me literally rolling on the ground in laughter. Abby keeps on having to tell us to be quiet so the girls can listen to the music. Oops.

We sit in the audience to watch the group. There are a couple of mistakes- namely, the timing, but Nia also falls out of her chin stand, and Paige doesn't get the glitter out of her costume to throw at the audience in the end fast enough. It's cute though, and the girls look aptly satisfied with the result. Of course, Abby makes sure to correct them on literally everything that happened.

Maddie and Chloe have half an hour to prep for their solos. They change and rehearse. Paige and Brooke are going to stay with them backstage, and Nia, Kenzie, and I will watch from the audience. I'm super excited to watch them. Maddie's solo looks really emotional, and Chloe's solo is really cute. I do notice that Chloe is much more nervous than Maddie, which I totally get. Abby's rehearsed Maddie's solo at least ten times, while Chloe just went a few times for Abby. I hope they both do well.

The solos go great. Nobody forgets, and there are no issues with anything else as far as I can see.

We get ready for the duet and the trio. Maddie, Chloe, and Paige get changed and rehearse for Abby, while Kenzie and I have changed and are stretching. Then we switch- we rehearse while they stretch. Abby is definitely freaking out on me much more than she was before. "Vivi! Point that foot! Straight legs! Watch your shoulder! Feet! Too slow! Vivi!!!"

It's stressful, but I try to apply whatever corrections I get. I don't want to disappoint Kenzie.

We stand backstage, and I'm really nervous. My duet with Kenzie is Act #24, and the trio is Act #25, so we are on one number before them. While Act #23 is going, we say a little chant to release all negative energy. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, kiss, kiss, knee, knee, foot foot." It's a whole thing that Kenzie taught me in the dressing room.

The number goes offstage, and we stand at the side of the stage, ready.

"Coming to the StarQuest stage next, it's a petite musical theatre duet, please welcome Mackenzie and Vivi- Anne with 'Flamingo Fun'!

Finally, it's our turn. We step onto stage and strike the opening pose. My heart is beating at a million miles a minute. Mackenzie glances at me, and the music starts.

Author's Note: HAHAHA a cliffhanger :). Please tell me if there's anything you want to happen, any drama, any new dancers, etc. I'm going to introduce Kendall soon, so get ready!