Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Jake's POV

I try to block out the really annoying beeping sounds, but it won't stop. Why the fuck won't it stop? I know it's not my alarm because it's not this fucking annoying. I try to open my eyes, but I find it difficult. What the fuck? The beeping sound starts to pick up pace, pissing me off even more. I relax my body and focus on my other senses since my eyes feel really heavy at the moment.

"Mmfley," I try to form words, but it feels like my whole body is being weighed down. I groan internally in frustration.

Someone squeezes my hand. "Jake?" A hoarse voice whispers. Automatically I know it's Ashely and its sounds like she's been crying. "Hold on, don't move.. The drugs will wear off eventually," she whispers, softly caressing my cheek. I attempt to talk again, but it's useless my tongue is too heavy in my mouth.

"Knowing you, you're probably not going to wait around for the drugs to wear off," she says with a smile in her voice.

Slowly my other senses start working again and the sterile scent of hospitals hits me hard. I lay there for what seems like forever until I can finally open my eyes. It's all white for a minute and then things start to focus. I look to Ashley first, scanning her face and arms, searching for any visible injuries. "Relax, I'm fine" she says, "You're the one with the knife wound".

        "Water?" I manage to choke out. She quickly pours me a glass of water from the pitcher on the side table and inclines my bed so that I'm in a sitting position before handing me the glass. I drink it graciously, quenching my thirst. "If you dont slow down you're going to choke and die." she says laughing a little which causes me to chuckle. "You look tired, love" I say quietly, moving over a little.

        She sits on the edge of the hospital bed, trying to be careful not to hurt me. I let out a sigh and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her into me. "You're hurt, idiot" she mumbles into my neck. "Yeah but I'm your hurt idiot" I laugh lightly, kissing her forehead. "Let me know if I'm hurting you," she says quietly, gently moving closer. "Shut up and go to sleep," I whisper in her ear causing her to pinch my upper arm. "I mean.. go to sleep baby, I'll be right here when you wake up," I say holding her close.

"Promise?"

"Promise,"

"You're still a jerk"

"I know"

Author's Note: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK! Sorry for the short and shitty ending, but be thankful that i finished it.. I initially was going to leave it incomplete but I hate when other authors do that and if I did the same thing I'd be a hypocrite.. sooooo THERE YA GO! ALSO, I MIGHT BE WRITING A SEQUEL IF YOU GUYS WANT ME TO! so let me knoww! And if I do end up writing a sequel it'll probably be less action and more romancey (I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT A WORD! SUCK MY DICK) Comment you're favorite parts of this book because I loveeeeeeeee to read yalls comments! Okay Im done!

Don't Forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!