Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The next morning I wake up really early. My head is on Jake's chest and his arm is holding me close to him. I don't want to wake him, so I stay in the position counting his heart beat. I know I'm a wierdo, don't judge. After a couple minutes of counting I get bored, so I slowly try to slip out if his arms. I gasp when he pulls me back down on his chest and I groan.

I prop my head up and stare in awe at his sleeping face. I plant my lips on his and almost instantly he responds and I giggle.

"I could get used to waking up to that," he says opening his eyes.

"I don't like you in my bed, get out," I say playfully poking his side.

"I'd sure like you in mine," he replies mischievously and I roll my eyes.

"Perverted boy," I mumble shaking my head.

"You have a boy in your bed! Cougar!" He exclaims with a look of disgust on his face and I laugh.

"Right, you're a perverted man," I say smirking.

"You're make me sound like a pedophile," he murmers and I laugh at his weirdness. I finally push him off my bed and quickly get ready for the day. We plan on going around Paris. We've only been off of campus for a party and shopping and I really want to look around.

I get dressed in a pair of red skinny jeans, a loose fitting sweater with a black heart on the front, and my black heeled ankle boots. I apply on mascara, eyeliner, smokey eyeshadow, and lip gloss. I curl my hair and wrap a red scarf around my neck. I realize that the blue in my hair is starting to fade away and mentally note to get it redone.

Jake is waiting for me by the door wearing a blue hollister button up collared shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. His hair is spiked up and he grabs his hollister sweater on the way out. Once in his car I blast the heat, it's freezing outside. While he drives he holds my hand rubbing circles with his thumb.

While looking out the window I notice a black car not too far behind in the side view mirror.

"Jake, there is a black car behind us," I say not taking my eyes off the car.

"You're just being paranoid because if what I told you last night," he says assuringly and I nod.

"You're right, I'm just being paranoid," I say not believing myself. I try to relax, but my brain keeps making up frightening scenarios. I sink back into the seat and soon the car takes a left where we go straight. I let out a sight if relief and roll my eyes at my own stupidity.

We finally arrive at the Eiffel Tower and I gasp at its beauty. There are a few people around, but not many. Jake's arm wraps around my waist pulling me into his side and I smile. We decide to take the elevator to the first level since we need reservations months in advance to attend the Jules Verne restaurant on the second level. As we look down from the first level I feel a pang of fright when I see the same black car behind Jake's car.

Not wanting to let Jake think I'm crazy, I don't tell him. Instead I turn around and tip toe to kiss him. He pulls me even closer and warmth spreads the ought my body as he deepens the kiss. I pull back after a couple of minutes and press my forehead against his. A chorus of 'awww' jolts me back to reality.

We turn around to see elderly couples watching us happily. I blush a deep shade of red and hide my face in Jake's chest. Jake chuckles and wraps his arms around me.

"She's shy," he says to the elderly couple still watching us. They nod understandingly and walk away.

"That was so embarrassing," I mumble into his chest and he laughs.