Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Once Natalia's mom hears of the news she goes into hysterics. I understand that her daughter has been kidnapped and everything, but screaming and sobbing hysterically isn't going to solve anything. I probably sound like a bitch, but don't get me wrong, I'm actually worried about the demon who has tried to repeatedly steal my boyfriend.

"What are we going to do?" I ask the detective.

"I'm going to investigate around here.. You all should take Mrs. Cortez home and calm her down," he says professionally and we nod.

Natalia's parents get in their car after promising to call if they find new information. Robert gets in the backseat while Jake and I sit up front with Jake driving.

"What are we going to do?" I ask out loud not really expecting an answer.

"You are going to stay in our room while Robert and I investigate," Jake responds without glancing at me.

"What no.. You're not going to find anything anyway! They have a professional detective!" I tell him.

"Actually, He's not going to find anything.. Think about it, who knows a gang better than a former member?" Robert chimes in from behind us and Jake agrees.

"Fine, I'm going with you," I say.

"No your not.. You've already been through enough and don't even try to argue," Jake says adamantly and I sigh.

"Fine," I end the conversation as he pulls up to the school building. He turns to face me, but before he can pull me in for a kiss I hop out of the car and slam the door behind me. I don't care if I'm acting like a spoiled brat, I don't like to be left out of things especially when I have nothing else to do other than worry.

I make it up to my room and slam the door behind me as I enter. I change into sweats and one of Jake's shirts. I let myself fall back on the bed and jump when my phone rings. I groan when I see my mom's picture on the screen. I answer and press it against my ear.

"Hey mom!" I say cheerily so that she doesn't suspect anything.

"Hey honey! How are you?" She replies equally happy and I roll my eyes.

"I'm good! How about you?" I say hoping she will hang up soon.

"I'm fine sweetie.. I have a surprise for you!" She says and I sit up.

"What is it?" I ask curiously and hear a knock at the door a couple seconds later.

"Hold on someone's at the door," I say and walk over to the door and swing it open to reveal my parents.

My mom crushes me into a hug and my dad kisses my forehead. I'm frozen with many thoughts running through my mind.

Shit.shit.shit.shit!

"Uh mom dad what are you guys doing here?" I ask as closing the door behind after they walk in.

"We came to visit you honey! You never call or anything!" My mom says pinching my cheeks.

"Why are you wearing a boy's shirt?" My dad asks eyeing my shirt and I instantly turn red.

"Uh.. This.. You see-" I splutter.

"James! She obviously has a boyfriend! Aww my little baby is growing up!" She says tearing up and I groan.

"Who is this boy? I would like to meet him," my dad demands and I panic because my parents don't know my roommate is a boy let alone my boyfriend.