Chapter 22

Author's Note:

8.3K READS!! IM SCREAMING! LOVE YOU GUYS<33

Chapter 22

It's been 4 days since Natalia's kidnapping and the police have been no help at all. Her parents had come to the school 2 days ago and surprisingly they are nothing like their daughter. They are so nice and even came up to my and Jake's room to see how I was doing. They didn't seem to mind the fact that Jake wasn't marrying their daughter and I was his girlfriend.

They acted like they were relieved in a way. I don't know what I thought they look like, but definitely not so kind. I imagined them to be like their daughter. Bitchy, fake, rude, with a pinch of demonic.

They hired a detective to find Natalia, but nobody has heard anything. Robert has been sleeping on Jake's bed and Jake and I have been sleeping on my bed. I honestly don't mind at all that Robert is staying with us for a few days. I feel more safe in Jake's arms and it's easier for me to sleep. My parents called a few times after my accident, but I insisted that they not come to visit.

I don't think my parents would like to know that their daughter is dating and sharing a room with a former gang member. Especially my dad, he would have me changing schools before I could blink.

I'm sitting on my bed trying to distract myself by reading a random book from the library. Robert is lounging on the couch flipping through channels and Jake has stepped outside for an important call.

"Do you think she's okay?" I ask putting down the book and Robert sighs.

"Probably, she talks a lot so she's probably chewing off her napper's ear," he says with a small smile and I return the gesture.

I turn my laptop on and start on my English paper. Ever since the current events I've been getting my school work delivered to my room instead me having to go to class and I couldn't be more thankful. The idea of sitting in a room with people who can't stop staring and asking questions that I really don't want to answer doesn't really appeal to me.

Jake walks back in the room and falls back on the bed causing me to mess up on the sentence I am typing. I scowl at him as he runs his hands down his face with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" I ask while typing the last of the essay and saving the document.

"Well apart from Natalia getting kidnapped nothing really," he says sarcastically and I frown at his attitude.

"Sorry for asking then," I reply harshly snapping the laptop shut.

"I'm sorry babe.. I'm just really stressed about Natalia because my parents are blaming me," he says sighing and pulling me into his arms as he sits against the head board of the bed. Robert quickly excuses himself and leaves as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I know.. And I'm sorry that your parents blame you," I say sincerely and peck his lips, but he pulls me back for more.

He places his hands on my waist and pulls me onto his lap. I run my hands through his hair deepening the kiss as his hands trail under my shirt. His fingers trace patterns on my stomach making me shudder in pleasure. I lift up the hem of his shirt and he helps me by pulling it off and tossing it aside.

I brush my fingertips along the scars that cover his stomach and back. He tucks a few strands of my hair behind my ear and leans down to claim my lips again and I respond instantly. He pushes my back on the bed and tugs my shirt over my head while trailing light kisses along my jawline.

"Ashley I-" he starts but doesn't finish because Robert barges in looking frantic.

"EWW CANT YOU GUYS CONTROL YOUR HORMONES FOR A FEW MINUTES?!" He jokes smirking when Jake tosses his shirt at me and I quickly pull it on.

"What the fuck do you want?!" Jake seethes.

"Oh yeah, the detective Natalia's parents hired discovered a lead and they want us to meet us downstairs right now," he says more serious.

"We'll be down in five minutes," Jake says pushing Robert out the door and locking it. He runs a had through his hair trying to make it look normal and I blush.

"Can I have my shirt back?" He asks smirking at my red hot face and I nod. I quickly pull of his shirt as throw it at him and tug mine back on. I smooth it out and run my fingers through my hair trying.

"We are definitely going to continue that when all of this is over," he says with a wink.

Ten minutes later we are in Jake's car following Natalia's parents. They refused to call the police because they don't want to risk their daughter's life.

We pull up outside of an apartment building and I glance at it confused.

"This is so not fair... I get kidnapped and kept hostage in a abandoned building and she gets to stay in an apartment," I huff and Jake cracks a small smile and laces his fingers with mine when we get out of the car.

"Stay with me no matter what and do as I say," he says sternly and I nod.

Natalia's dad steps out of his car with a nervous expression along with the detective who looks uneasy without the cops. Robert is the only one who actually looks calm and ready for a fight. I also see the outline of a gun handle under his shirt.

"The clues I gathered lead to this apartment complex and the room number 'E' one eighty seven," the detective says flipping pages in his notepad.

"Alright, I'll go first since I have a weapon and I'll call rest of you in if it's safe," says Robert pulling out the handgun and clicking the safety off as he walked up the stairs to find the room. His finger is places firmly on the trigger like he's ready to press it whenever needed and it slightly scares me.

We wait a couple minutes in silence. Nobody really says anything and since Natalia's mom stayed in the car I feel outnumbered by the guys. Jake is tracing circles in the back of my hand attempting to comfort me.

"Alright it's all clear, you all can come up," we hear Robert's voice yell down to us and we comply.

We walk into the small apartment to see Robert standing in the living room.

"Look at this," he says waving a stack of papers at us.

"What is it," asks the detective walking closer.

"Balances from a bank account," he says shifting through the papers.

"And one in particular," says the detective.

"What?" Asks Mr Cortez, Natalia's dad.

"Natalia's, it looks like someone has been tracking her for a couple of months," says the detective and I feel like I'm suffocating.

"You mean to say that some creep has been stalking her for the past couple months?" I ask and he nods.

I may not be fond of her, but I imagine myself in her position and it scares me. She's probably locked up some where suffering this very minute. I think about her all alone and she's definitely not smart enough to escape without getting hurt. As these thoughts run through my mind the only words that leave my mouth are, "Holy shit".

Author's Note:

SORRY FOR UPDATING AFTER LIKE A BILLION YEARS BUT IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY AND I NEEDED A BREAK WITH WRITING.. I LOVE EVERYONE WHO'S STILL HERE READING AND ALSO THE NEW READERS(:

I also wanted to let y'all know that I've recently started writing a Harry Styles fanfic called "The Neighbors" and I'm really excited to write it because I'm a huge Directioner! If you directioner too, comment and tell me who your fav is!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!