Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Right Ms. Smith?"

"Right!" I say jerking out of my thoughts. He mumbles something under his breath and turns back to the board. I nudge Erin next to me and ask if I can borrow her notes later and she nods. Suddenly, I feel a weird feeling in my pocket and realize my phone is vibrating. I pull it out and see that I have a text. I unlock my phone and read it.

"Whatcha Doin? -J"

How in the world did he get my number, I wonder. I look up and see that Mr. Martin is turned around still and quickly reply.

"How did u get my #?"

After a few moments my phone buzzes again.

"You left your phone on your bed when you were taking a shower this morning"

I mentally slap myself. Great, now he has my number. I look down at the phone which has vibrated again.

"Wanna meet up at lunch?"

"No" I quickly reply and slide my phone in my bag. I realize I probably sounded rude, but I don't care because he's a jerk and I don't get involved with jerks. He was nice last night though.. I pull out my phone again and type in another message.

"Fine"

The rest of the day passes in a blur and it turns out that I have every class with someone from the group. By the time lunch arrives Im kind of excited to eat lunch with Jake.

Biology: Erin

Calculus: Seth and Blake

Theatre: Alex and Erin

Language Arts: Jade

Construction: Alex and Jake

History: Seth and Jade

Seventh: Lunch

Health: Jake

Seth and Jade are in an argument about the Women's Rights Act while walking to lunch.

"Women should be in the kitchen and taking care of children!" I suddenly hear a smack and a whine and can't help but laugh. Not wanting to be dragged into the argument I look for Jake.

He had said to meet him up front, so I walk to main office and out the doors.

I hear my name being called and see Jake on a black motorcycle.

"Get on," he says tossing me a helmet. I pull on the helmet, careful not to mess up my hair and climb in behind him. He turns on the bike and I wrap my arms around his torso as he drives off. I've never really been on a bike and it feels amazing! The win whips around us as he speeds off of campus and into the streets.

A few moments later he pulls into the parking lot of a pizzeria. I hop off when he kicks down the kick stand and toss him his helmet back.

"How'd you know I like pizza?" I wonder out loud.

"Lucky guess," he says smiling, showing his dimples. I take him in and he looks absolutely gorgeous with his hair slicked back and his toned muscles showing. In that moment I realized and dreaded the fact that I'm falling for this jerk.

Author's Note: it's short I know! But I'm trying(: thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment!