Chapter 16

This weekend is Memorial weekend. I will be busy throughout the weekend until Monday. I figured I'll do another update. I have been so busy lately. I am so thankful for all your patience. I can never thank you enough as my readers. <3

Leila Vy

Isabella Carson

Before I could say anything, he was knocked out cold. It was a good thing he did too. I didn't know how to tell him what happened in the past ten years. I tucked him into bed before walking to the bathroom. Before coming inside the castle, Damon was kind enough to hand me a shirt to wear.

I stripped the shirt off and took a quick shower. Malcolm wasn't severely injured but he still needed time to heal. In a couple of hours, he will be awake again. I hope that by then he would not remember anything.

Wrapping a towel around me, I walked outside and chose my undergarments before picking out a plain black t-shirt and blue denim skinny jeans. Once I was finished with dressing, I crawled into bed next to him. My eyes trailing the bold outline of his facial features as he slept.

"Dangerous and impatient when you are awake but when you are asleep, you are a defenseless male lycan." I murmured.

I thought about Gregory's body on the edge of territory. Even I was amazed at how fast Malcolm killed him. A nagging feeling told me Malcolm's possessiveness pushed him to kill his opponent. It was the only explanation. He didn't want Gregory to have me.

If I did tell him the truth would he understand? Would he forgive me?

I literally scolded myself for hoping. I knew it wasn't going to be easy with Malcolm. Yawning, I snuggled closer to him but not close enough to touch him. I close my eyes and allowed sleep to take over.

When I awoke I knew he was awake and alert but I refused to open my eyes because I knew he was looking right at me. I felt his hand trailed up my side and to cup my breast, his thumb played with my nipple as he spoke.

"You can pretend to sleep and I can eat you out or you can get up and we can go to dinner." His husky voice whispered into my ear. I didn't realize how close he was until I felt his breath on caressing my cheek and neck.

My eyes opened and I was met with a grinning Malcolm. He arched an eyebrow waiting for me to respond. I couldn't tell if he remembered or not our last conversation.

When he got up from the bed, I pushed the thought aside and followed him off the bed. He waited for me at the end of the bed. I saw that he now looked completely recovered. Lycans are fast healers and it will take a lot more to kill one.

His damp black hair told me he had taken a shower. He had also put on some clothes which he had none on earlier.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded and we headed out to dinner. The noises in the great hall were loud and boisterous. Lycans were already sitting and enjoying their meal as we made our way downstairs.

I caught sight of Damon who smiled back at me. Uncle Alastair and this time the raven hair female lycan who now sat in the chair I sat from the other night. I found another chair a couple ways down and was about to head down there when Malcolm grabbed the back of my shirt. He pulled me back to his side and leaned down.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To sit in the chair from over there." I pointed.

He shook his head. "No, you will be sitting with me."

"But-"

His strong arm wrapped around my waist and lifted me up. I watched as he walked us over to the head of the table and sat down with me in his lap. Immediately, Damon nodded his approval. Uncle Alastair shot glares towards us and the raven hair female lycan looked like she wanted to rip my hair out.