Chapter 4

The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it...

Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight (Jeremy Marsh & Lexie Darnell, #2)

°°°°°
Isabella

I woke up in the morning to an empty bedroom again. The sunlight streaming from the open window. I can hear grunts and men shouting. My eyes swept the room once again, reassuring that I was alone before I scooted off the bed and headed to the connected bathroom. I washed and showered before stepping out with Malcolm's dark grey towel wrapped around me.

I had no clothes to wear. I brought nothing. It was hard to carrying belonging when a mad male lycan was chasing after me. Gregory was a disgusting lycan—abusive and repulsive but I stuck with him because it will ward off my father's tracers. They will never expect me to head into a cruel lycan leader's territory but it was a decision that bore consequences for me. Gregory relished in pain.

I walked over to Malcolm's dresser. I pulled out the top drawer and took one of his long grey t-shirts. I slipped it on before closing the drawer closed. I could try to find pants but I knew it wouldn't fit. Malcolm was tall and big. I was short and curvy but even I don't have enough curves to fit into his boxers, shorts, or pants. Deciding to go without any undergarments on, I wrapped my arms tightly around me and took a few steps into the middle of the room.

Again, the sound of men shouting and grunting pierced my concentration. I walked over to the window and looked out. What I saw took my breath away.

Malcolm was half naked wearing only the traditional Scotland kilt. I giggled from my position. It was kind of hilarious that in this time of era they were still wearing traditional Scotland kilts during training but can I blame them? We have been around for hundreds of years. Times have changed but we kept a few olden day tactics and traditions.

He looked marvelously handsome in the kilt though. American might view it as a skirt or a dress but in this country, it was particularly a turn on. The patterns and color on the kilts reveal the clans and families' lineage that can be traced back even before I was born.

Malcolm was a fierce competitor. When he fights, his opponent receives his full attention. I leaned further out the window. Allowing my hazel-gold eyes to greedily take in what I have missed for ten years. He was still so broad and tall. His muscles stretched and pulled taut with every fighting move. Sometimes when Lycans trained they will shift into their Lycans but most of the time it was done in human form. Mostly to prep their weaker side to become stronger. God, it was hard not to be attracted to him. He stood out amongst all the male Lycans below.

When Malcolm knocked his opponent to the ground, the fallen male Lycan caught sight of me. Malcolm turned immediately to see where his attention was and saw me leaning half of my body out. I gasped before pulling back. I walked over to the bed and sat down.

I saw his dark blue eyes darkening the minute he saw me. He was either angry or lusting. I am not sure which. I didn't stay long enough to see.

"God! I am so embarrassed! He probably caught me ogling him like an idiot." I groaned and face planted in the pillow.

His scent wrapped around me. Nobody knows how much his scent comforts me. Years of running and fleeing, you start to miss home. You start to miss what makes you feel safe. It was lonely and frightening.

I remember one raining cold night, I was completely broke. It was hard to get a job when you are constantly on the run. I could never stay around a place too long knowing that Gregory was hot on my tails. I slept with one eye open every night.