Chapter 14

"Jealousy can be a devil."

*****

Isabella Carson

Morning comes and I wake up alone again. Malcolm's scent was now faint in the air. Staring up at the ceiling, I thought about last night. The emotions that passed between us must mean something. I know he feels it just as much as I did.

The way he touched me-it was more than just pleasure.

I sighed and rolled out of bed, feeling a little icky that we didn't shower last night. I walked into his bathroom and stepped into his shower. While washing my hair and scrubbing my body, my hand hovered over my stomach and a thought came to my mind.

Malcolm and I have been at it like rutting animals and each time he refuses for me to wash it off or at least clean. Not only is he increasing his possessive scent on me, but he was also increasing the chances of me carrying his child. I don't know it until I miss my next cycle as female humans we also have periods. It comes every three months.

After taking a shower, I walked out of the bedroom and found the bag of clothes sitting on a soft chair. I walked over and picked through the clothes until I found a mid-thigh flower dress. The shoulder where one-inch thick straps. The dress, it hugged my frame until it reached my thighs where it flared out a little.

Glancing at the door, I padded over barefoot to try the knob. To my disappointment, it was locked again. Sighing, I decided to settle in a chair and read a book that Malcolm had set on the table. I can see he had marked a page, indicating he was in the middle of the book.

I spent several hours reading the book and it was an interesting book. One that I didn't think Malcolm will read.

A knock sounded on the door before the metal clicked and Damon entered the room. He smiled as he walked over with a huge tray of food. He sets it down in front of me.

"Good late morning." He said.

I giggled as I set the book aside, "It took you a while to get up here."

Damon chuckled, "Malcolm is keeping me pretty busy. He- "

His eyes dropped to my shoulders and widened, "Did he do that?"

I stopped mid-way in putting a sliced apple in my mouth to look down at my shoulder and noticed that the two marks from Malcolm. I looked back up at him with a sad smile.

"Yes."

"Bloody hell! That idjit! Why would he do that? Did you agree to it?"

I nodded, "I am his."

Damon's angry face softened a little. He moved to sit in the chair across from me.

"Why don't you tell him the real reason why you left?" Damon asked.

"Would he believe me? I have been gone for so many years. He isn't the same." I felt my heart chipping away at the truth.

Damon shook his head, "He might have changed but his heart hasn't."

"How do you know that?" I questioned him because I can't believe that Malcolm still loved me not after my abrupt leave ten years ago.

Damon sighed and ran a hand through his light brown locks. They were so much different from Malcolm's.

"I lived with him for so long. I know he has never forgotten you. Yes, you changed him but his heart is still yours. Give him time, he will learn to stop being so angry and hate you." Damon insisted. "Don't leave him again because I don't think he can handle it the second time."