Chapter 24

Talia’s P.O.V:
I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 9am, for the last time in Melbourne. I looked around my room to see suitcases stacked up against the wall and a few boxes, I got up and took my clothes off the chair and got changed. My stomach was spinning in circles and I didn’t feel like eating anything. My flight was at 11:30am and I had to be at the airport in half an hour so I got ready and decided to eat something there. All of my close friends and family were coming to the airport, mum, dad, Gina, Anthony, Danielle, Liana, Beau, Jai, Skip, James, Tyla and their girlfriends too. The only person who I was unsure about was Luke, the way we said goodbye wasn’t right. We didn’t even hug each other.

Luke’s P.O.V:

Today was it, Talia’s last day. I should go to the airport, tennis finishes at 10:30am, I have plenty of time to come home and change but what’s stopping me? I know if I go it’s going to be harder to leave her, to watch her walk away. I hate being so indeceive. I snapped out of my train of thoughts when I heard Jai yell from the lounge room saying we had to go. I walked out to the car with my tennis racket and mum drove us to tennis.

Talia’s P.O.V:

I was all ready; I took a quick walk around the house into every room. I don’t even know why I did that, I’d be back in a month, maybe two to come and visit.  They say staying at the academy is hard work, you dance 5 days a week and you have to keep up with your studies as well. I was never good at school so I’m not sure how I’m going to cope with that. I walked back into my room and sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Anthony to come and help with me my luggage.

Anthony: Hey are you ready?

Talia: Ready as I’ll ever be

Anthony: Let’s go put this stuff in the car and we’ll get going

Once we packed everything away into the car, dad locked up the house and we set off to the airport. It was around a 20 minutes drive from where I lived and I spent most of the car ride in silence, listening to my iPod. The song ‘Hey there Delilah’ came on. It just reminded me of the current situation I’m in with Luke now; the lyrics just said it all. When we arrived at the airport, we checked in and went to grad something to eat from a small cafe. I had a hot chocolate with a banana muffin, I still wasn’t very hungry. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around to see Tyla, James and Skip. They sat down opposite me where mum and dad were sitting, they offered to move and give me some time with my friends. Anthony then got up and decided to go for a wonder into the shops just when I got attacked by my two best friends, Danielle and Liana and in their hand was a small bag.  

Talia: Guys what’s this?

Liana: Just a little something so you won’t forget us

Talia: How could I ever forget you two?

Danielle: Well go on, take a look

I peered into the bag to see a photo frame, I took it out and in it was a picture of all three of us on my 16th birthday at the Crown Towers.

Talia: Thanks guys, I love you

Luke’s P.O.V:

As soon as I got home from tennis I took a quick shower and put on jeans and a jumper. It was 10:45am and mum, Beau and Jai were ready to leave for the airport. Jai came into out room to get his phone and just stared at me.

Luke: What?

Jai: Are you coming?

Luke: No, I can’t

Jai: Why not? You’re going to regret it

Luke: I said goodbye to her yesterday, there’s no point in me coming today

Jai: Why do you have to be so stubborn? This is probably the last chance you’ll get to see for a few months. I thought you cared about her

Luke: Of course I do, it’s just better for her if I don’t come

Jai: Alright fine, do what you want

As Jai said that he walked out the room and they left for the airport, that’s when I started having second thoughts. Maybe Jai was right and I should go give her a proper goodbye. I sat on my bed contemplating what to do for the next 10 minutes, I checked my phone and it was 11am. I just had to see her one last time; I couldn’t leave things the way they were between us. I grabbed my phone, keys and bus ticket and ran out the house down to the bus stop. I checked the timetable and the bus was due to arrive in 2 minutes which goes directly to the airport. When the bus arrived I sat at the back and anxiously waited to get to the airport, hopefully in time to see Talia before she’s gone.

Talia’s P.O.V:

I was sitting around gate 12 with everyone and in the distance; I could see Gina, Beau and Jai but no Luke. I felt my heart smash into a million pieces but I tried not to show upset I was that he didn’t come. They all greeted me with a warm hug and Jai flashed me a sympathetic smile.

Jai: I’m sorry; I tried to get him to come. You know how stubborn he is and for what it’s worth, I know deep down he really wanted to be here.

Talia: its okay, you tried

About 5 minutes passed until my flight was called over the P.A system and the gate opened, everyone stood up and I started to say my goodbyes. I promised myself I would try not to cry, I said goodbye to the boys first because there not very emotional. Saying goodbye to Danielle and Liana was hard, there my best friends and I’m so luck to have them. We had a group hug and they couldn’t stop crying, after we all let go Skip and Jai them held them while I went to say goodbye to Anthony, mum and dad.

Anthony:  Even though you can be a brat at times, I love you and wish you the best. Don’t ever forget who you are

Talia: Thank you, I love you too

Mum: Take care of yourself sweetie; I’m so proud of you. I love you

Talia: I love you too mum

Amongst all of mum’s tears she managed to say something. It was those words that mum said that made me cry ‘I’m proud of you’ I kissed her on the cheek and gave her the biggest hug.

Dad: Have a safe flight princess; I’m proud of you too. I love you

Talia: I love you too dad

Once I was done with my goodbyes, I lined up behind a few people who were boarding the same flight as me. As I was about to show the women at the desk my ticket, I heard a very familiar voice call out my name. I spun around to see Luke.