Chapter 6

Jai’s P.O.V:

When I got home I went straight into my room and just lied on my bed. I heard Beau explain to Luke and Talia what happened but I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone so I just listened to my iPod. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and messaged Danielle, I thought she deserved to know what happened.

Jai: Been in a fight and got taken to the police station, havnt been charged and im ok. Dnt feel like tlking now, ill c u tomoz x

Danielle: omg ok, call me if you need anything x

Jai: will do, thanks beautiful

Skip’s P.O.V:

The next day at school everyone was talking about what happened with Beau, James and Jai. The boys all seemed fine but they were a bit on edge because they didn’t know whether they were going to get charged or not. As I was walking off to my first lesson someone touched my shoulder from behind, when I turned around it was Mia.

Skip: Can I help you with something?

Mia: Yeah, i’m looking for Luke

Skip: It’s not really any of my business, but shouldn’t you stay away from him? He’s perfectly happy with Talia

Mia: I really have to talk to him, Do you know where he is or not?

Skip: Okay, okay. Don’t get all shitty with me, no I haven’t seen him he’s probably with Jai or something.

Mia: Thanks anyways.

Danielle’s P.O.V:

It was 5pm on Saturday and Jai was picking me up in 2 hours, hopefully that’s enough time for me to get ready. I had a shower and washed my hair. I blow dried it and then straightened it, which I rarely do because I couldn’t be bothered half the time. I then walked into my room and opened up my wardrobe, what to wear was the hardest part. It wasn’t an official date, but it wasn’t just 2 mates going to the movies either. I decided to go with my Guess leggings, short black boots, my cream woollen jumper which had a circular whole at the back and finished off with a thin scarf. I put on a bit of mascara and lip gloss but I have good skin, so I didn’t put foundation on to ruin it. At 7pm exactly I heard the door bell ring, I went to answer it and there was Jai in a long sleeve shirt, with a blue beanie on, dark blue jeans and his blue vans. He looked so hot.

Jai: Wow you look stunning, are you ready to go?

Danielle: You don’t look to bad yourself, yep let’s go

We walked to the train station and it was full of teenagers like us who didn’t have their P’s. When we arrived, Jai payed for my ticket, my popcorn and coke. We walked into the cinema and took a seat right at the back; we sat in silence for a while until Jai looked at me with those gorgeous eyes of his. I smiled at him and I felt butterflies in my stomach. When the movie started I put my 3D glasses on and all of a sudden Jai lifted up the arm rest between us. He whispered in my ear ‘Cuddle with me?’ AWWWWWWWWW, I leaned in to put my head on his shoulder and we stayed like that for ages.

Jai’s P.O.V:

She was the most beautiful girl in the world. When I cuddled with her I got this weird feeling in my stomach, butterflies? No, it can’t be. I’ve never felt this way over a girl before, every time I look at her, she gets me with her gorgeous smile. Half way through the movie, I lifted my head off hers and tilted her chin upwards to face me. I looked into her pretty brown eyes and leaned in to kiss her. It was slow and meaningful, when she pulled away I asked ‘Will you be my girlfriend Danielle?’ and she had the biggest smile on her face and replied with ‘Yes’

After the movie, Beau picked us up and drove back to our place. When we got home, I took Danielle to my room and we just laid on my bed and shared the headphones of my iPod and listened to music. We both eventually drifted off to sleep to the sound of Ed Sheeran. The night was amazing.

Beau’s P.O.V:

On Sunday morning I woke up to the sound of the house phone ringing, I really didn’t want to get up to answer it but nobody else decided to get it so I had to. When I finally answered the phone, there was a policeman speaking on the other end of the line.

Officer: Is Gina Brooks there?

Beau: Um, no she’s out sorry

Officer: Who’s speaking?

Beau: Beau Brooks, her son

Officer: Oh hi Beau, we would just like to inform you, your brother and your mate that CCTV footage from McDonalds has cleared you from any charges. We questioned the other guys again and after telling them they were caught on camera they confessed to everything.

Beau: That’s great, thank you. I’ll let the others know

I ran into Luke and Jai’s room to wake Jai up and tell him the good news.

Beau: HEY FAGGOT WAKE UP, WERE CLEAR OF ALL CHARGES!

Jai: Do you have to shout? What are you going on about?

Beau: The fight we got into, the charges have been dropped

Jai: Oh sweet! Sh, Danielle’s still asleep

Beau: WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Danielle: Oh my God, you scared the living shit out of me!

I walked out of the room laughing as hard as anything.