Chapter 22

Talia’s P.O.V:

As soon as Anthony and I got home, I dumped my bags on my bedroom floor and sat on my bed. I played with my dolphin cushion as I started to think about everything. I still couldn’t believe that I’d got into the academy, I was over the moon but then sadness hit me. I’d have to pack up and leave my whole life in Melbourne and move to Sydney, did I really want that? Was I ready to drop everything and move to Sydney to start my career as a dancer? A few months ago I would have never considered this and even if Anthony had asked for my permission to send a video into the academy I would’ve straight out said no. The one thing that scares me the most is losing Luke, I don’t want to leave him. At this moment I started to think of all the good times I’ve had with him and everything that we’ve been through together, he could never do anything to me that would make me hate him. I want to stay, he’s holding me back. I love him; my relationship with nobody else will change, except ours. Distance is the real killer and thinking about all of this, made me start to cry silent tears. I had to do what was best for me, even if it slowly kills me inside.

Jai’s P.O.V:

Ever since Luke came back from Sydney, he’s been pretty quiet. Usually he’s always making jokes and sarcastic comments whenever I speak but he wasn’t doing any of that. Even when we were recording daresundays I could sense his mind wasn’t really where his body was, it’s probably got to do with Talia getting accepted into the dance academy. He acted like everything was okay but being his twin I could definitely tell that he wasn’t. I got lost in my train of thoughts when Danielle waved her hands in front of my face; I completely forgot what we were talking about.

Danielle: HELLO? Jai? Earth to Jai?

Jai:  Sorry what?

Danielle: What’s up with you? You just zoned out for a few minutes there

Jai: Just thinking about Luke, he’s not himself

Danielle: Everything going on with Talia has put a spin on him hey?

Jai: Yeah pretty much, I just don’t know what to do

Danielle: Try not to let him think about it too much, He’s not the only one who’s going to miss her like crazy

Jai: True, it’s going to be so different without her. A lot quieter that’s for sure

Danielle: Definitely!

Luke’s P.O.V:

On Wednesday afterschool I messaged Talia asking her if she wanted to come to the park with me. She’s a fast texter so I got a reply instantly; I quickly changed out of my school uniform into something more comfortable and started to walk to Talia’s house. I rang the door bell and I could hear her coming to answer it, she gave me a smile but I could tell it was forced, something wasn’t right. The park wasn’t that far from Talia’s house, we walked most of the way there in silence, it wasn’t awkward, it was nice. I had my arm around her shoulder and she was resting her head on my chest. She looked up at me and I looked into her eyes. They were hazel, light brown in the middle and green around the outside, so unique. When we got to the park, there were a few kids on the playground and their parents sitting on the bench. All of a sudden, Talia took my arm off from around her and ran over to the swings like a 5 year old; I stopped walking and watched as she sat on the swing looking at me in the distance. I jogged over to her and started to push her gently on the swing, she doesn’t like going too high. After a few minutes, I stopped pushing her and waiting for the swing to slow down so I could stand in front of her. I wanted to know what was going through her mind.

Luke: What’s wrong? I get the feeling you’re upset

Talia: I don’t want to leave you

Luke: and I don’t want you to go, but this is the best thing for you

Talia: That’s what everyone says and maybe it is, but somehow it just doesn’t feel right leaving everything behind

Luke: You won’t be leaving everything behind, the academy isn’t forever. You’ll be back

Talia: 3 years, do you know how much can change in that time?

Luke: What I feel for you will never go away. You’ve been a part of my life for too long and that will never change

Talia moved her head down and I knew at that point she was about to cry. It hurt me to see her like this. I saw a tear fall from her eye and drop onto her legging; I knelt down and pushed her hair behind her ear.

Luke: Please don’t cry beautiful, nothing will change

Talia: How can you say that? Everything will change, which is why it’s not going to work between us. You deserve better and I don’t want to make you wait for me. 3 years is a long time and in that time, you’ll find someone else and grow to love them. I will always love you, but we have to break up. I’m so sorry.

Talia’s P.O.V:

I had to do it, but I felt terrible. As soon as I said what I had to say I got up off the swing and started to run home with tears falling down my face. It physically hurt to break up with him, but it’s the right thing to do. It’ll be better for the both of us when I leave, no matter how much it hurts. I couldn’t even look at him; I didn’t want to see the sadness in his eyes because I knew it would hurt him too. When I got home, I went straight to my room, locked my door and just sat down and cried. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, it was Luke. Just seeing his name made me cry even more.