Chapter 10

Talia’s P.O.V:

At  5am on Tuesday morning, Mum and I drove to the airport to pick up my 18 year old brother Anthony who has been in America for the past month. I couldn’t wait to see him, house is too quiet without him. When I saw him come out the terminal I ran straight up to him, to give him the biggest hug ever. After we collected all his luggage and mum stopped crying, we went for an early breakfast at Maccas. Mum ordered for us while we sat down at a table.

Anthony: I missed you so much, what’s been happening around here?

Talia: A few things have happened but the main one is I’m going out with Luke

Anthony: Um, who said you could have a boyfriend? Nah jokes, he’s a good guy. Stayed out of trouble while I was away did you?

Talia: Of course, so tell me how was Florida, New York, California and everywhere else you went?

Anthony: The beaches in Miami were amazing. Times Square in New York is so busy and the atmosphere of it is wild and California is just so chilled.

Talia: I wish I went with you, bring me back anything? Hehe

Anthony: I wasn’t going too but then I thought, might aswell seeing as you wouldn’t shut up if I didn’t

Talia: Thanks beb can’t wait to see what it you got me

Luke’s P.O.V:

I put off telling mum about Mia and the baby Monday afternoon, but I knew I had to do it today. It was Wednesday and my last day of school for the term and I decided that then It would be the time that i’d tell mum with Jai and Beau. When I arrived home with Jai, mum was in the kitchen preparing dinner and Beau was on his laptop. Jai and I dumped our bags and in our room and told Beau to come into the kitchen.

Luke: Mum, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. I think you should take a seat

Mum: Is everything alright Luke? What’s going on?

Beau and Jai were just starting into space, too scared to look at mum. My heart was racing, but there was no backing out now.

Luke: Mia’s pregnant with my baby

Gina: How could you be so stupid? You just turned 17 and already got a girl pregnant. What about Talia? Do you have any idea how much this will affect your life?

Luke: Mum please I didn’t mean for any of this to happen, it was a mistake but there’s a baby coming and I really need your support

Gina: You mean you need my money, my house and me to look after this baby when you’re at school? Speaking of which, you still have another year left. How do you plan to finically support this baby and have time for your school work?

Luke: I don’t know, I haven’t figured it all out yet

I could tell mum was angry and upset at the same time, so I just walked out of the room and let Beau and Jai talk to her. Was it the right decision to keep this baby?

Beau’s P.O.V:

After Jai and I tried to calm mum down about what Luke just told her, we went for a walk to the park to meet Skip and James. After the footy on the weekend James was off in his own world, I haven’t seen him this happy in ages.

Skip: How did your mum take the news about Mia being pregnant?

Jai: Ah not too good

Skip: she’ll come around eventually

Jai: I hope so

Beau: Anyway, I think you, me, Carla, Lauren, Summer and Tyla should go triple dating

James: Sounds good, should I call her now?

Beau: Yeah, organise something for this Saturday night

James: okay I will

James’ P.O.V:

I walked off to the swings and went through my contacts to find Carla’s number, I called it and listened nervously while it rang.

Carla: Hey James

James: Carlaaaa, sorry I haven’t called you. How have you been?

Carla: Good thanks, how about you?

James: Yeah not bad, I was wondering, would you like to come out for dinner with me Saturday night with Beau and Tyla and bring Summer and Lauren aswell? I mean it’s okay if youre busy I just thought that..

Carla: James it’s okay, i’d love to come and i’m sure the others would aswell

James: Great, I’ll book a time and place then message you the details

Carla: Sounds good

I walked back over the guys, I felt relief more than anything that she had said yes and wanted to see me again. ’Looks like we’re going out to dinner Saturday night with the girls’

Mia’s P.O.V:

Luke had been doing some research on the internet and told me I was due for an 8 week scan, this couldn’t get any worse. I told him that i’d go on my own but he insisted on coming with me. The appointment was Saturday morning at 11am, well at least that’s what I had told him. I rang Luke at 10:45am to tell him that he got the times mixed up and the appointment was at 10am.. even though I didn’t really go to the hospital.

Mia: Finally you answered your phone!

Luke: What are you talking about? Are you at the hospital?

Mia: The appointment was at 10am, why didn’t you come?

Luke: You told me it was 11?

Mia: I told you it was 10, you missed the ultrasound I tried ringing you but the call wasn’t going through

Luke: Oh how did it go?

Mia: It was okay, I wish you were there with me

Luke: Me too, did you get a photo?

Mia: I did, come over later and i’ll show you

Luke: Okay i’ll see you later

When my call with Luke ended, I logged onto my laptop and printed an ultrasound picture off the internet using the proper photo paper so Luke didn’t suspect a thing..