Chapter 26

Talia’s P.O.V:

It was Monday morning; my alarm woke me up at 6:30am, an hour earlier than I’m used to. I could see the sun peaking through the blind as I got up to get changed. Chloe woke up soon after I did and we both went downstairs to the cafe for breakfast. I’d been here for two days and I didn’t really feel my confident self, when I was around Luke, Danielle and the others I could say and act how I wanted to.  At school people knew who I was, but here I was still a nobody. When I had finishing eating, I went back up to my room and checked my schedule; I had ballet next. At the academy they taught mainly ballet and contemporary but there were other styles that were taught too like jazz and hip hop. Everyone’s timetable mainly consisted of ballet, as that’s what the academy specializes in but I’ve always loved to do hip hop. Chloe and I had all of our dance classes together which was good, at least I knew someone. We both walked downstairs into the studio and started to warm up while waiting for our teacher to arrive.

Luke’s P.O.V:

School has always been bad, but I didn’t think it could get worse. Well I was wrong. I walked into the school grounds Monday morning, not only did I have shit classes today but Talia wasn’t going to be there to suffer through it with me. I walked up locker to put my bag away, grab my books and head to class when I saw Mia. After the little stunt she pulled, her mother thought it was in her best interest to be sent to a mental institution, which means I haven’t seen her in around 2 months and of course the first day at school without Talia she decides to come back. Great. Today was just getting better and better. I tried my best to pretend to read my timetable as I was walking, but unfortunately she noticed me.

Mia: Hey Luke

Luke: Sorry gotta head to class

Mia: I heard about Talia leaving, I hope you’re not too upset about it. I’m always here if you need to chat

Is this bitch serious? I really didn’t want to make conversation with her, but I don’t think she gets the memo. 

Luke: For your information, Talia and I are still dating and are you serious? After everything you’ve put me through you think just because you’ve been away for a few months that everything’s changed? Well I’ve got news for you, it hasn’t. So don’t bother to try and talk to me again, just please leave me alone.

I thought after being put in a mental institution that would help her come to terms with the fact that what she did was completely wrong and nothing will ever be the same again, I guess not. I walked off to English and sat down just before the bell went.

Talia’s P.O.V:

After my first few lessons of dance this morning, I felt a bit more relaxed about being here. I got to know a few more people and didn’t feel like such a loner. Chloe was in some of my academic classes, but not all of them which meant I had to find my own way around. I was already 5 minutes late for Maths and still struggling to find my class. I walked up and down a few hallways to try and find someone, at the end of the 6th floor corridor I saw a guy coming out of his room. From a distance I didn’t know who he was but as I got closer I realised it was Kristos.

Talia: Hey um do you know where room 103 is?

Kristos: It’s on the ground floor, 2nd door on your right. Shouldn’t you already be in class?

Talia: Yeah I got lost

Kristos: In that case, I’ll walk you to your class

Talia: Thanks, so what brings you here?

Kristos: Same as everyone else, dance. It’s my final year though and I hope to get a contract with the company

Nice one Talia, I thought to myself. Just ask him the most stupid question in the world.

Talia: wow that sounds great

Kristos: Yeah well that’s my aim. I’m teaching a few hip hop classes as well for extra credit. Let’s see your timetable and I’ll tell you if I’m your teacher or not

I handed him my timetable and he quickly had a look at it

Kristos: Yup, looks like you’re stuck with me

Talia: Oh this is going to be a long year then, nah jokes I’m sure you’ll be a great teacher

As we walked into my class I got stared at like I had just murdered someone, I apologised to my teacher and explained to her that I got lost and that Kristos helped me find my way. She didn’t seem too impressed but let me off because it was my first day.   

Danielle’s P.O.V:

The boys were holding a meet and greet in Sydney in a few weeks time which means they would be going up to see Talia. The rest of us, especially Liana and I were extremely jealous and wanted to go as well so we devised a plan. Our whole group would fly up the same weekend and surprise Talia, she knew that Luke, Jai, Beau, Daniel and James were going, but would have no idea that Liana, Tyla, Summer, Carla, Lauren and I would be too. It was perfect; we would all get a holiday and get to see Talia at the same time. Anthony and Talia’s parents were flying up the weekend after to watch her perform at the dance expo, which was good because Talia would get to spend some quality time with her family. Liana and I had booked all of our flights for the morning of the meet and greet and just had to look for a decent hotel to stay in.