Chapter 17

Talia’s P.O.V:

I woke up the next morning to Luke’s face, at first it kinda crepped me out a bit that he was watching me sleep but he bit his lip and winked at me.

Talia: How long have you been watching me sleep?

Luke: Not long, I think you must’ve felt my presence

Talia: Yeah I did

Luke: Sleep well?

Talia: Like a baby, how about you?

Luke: Brilliant, because I was next to you

Talia: Awww you cutie

Luke: I have something for you later

Talia: More surprises? I think i’ve had enough to last me a life time

Luke: This one wasn’t planned, but I know you’ll love it

We stayed in bed talking for a little while longer about nothing in particular, it was really nice and relaxing before we both decided to get up and grab something to eat. It was 10am and we dialled the number for room service, I ordered pancakes and Luke ordered bacon and eggs. We both walked out into the main area to see the others already eating.

Danielle: Hey do you wanna come down to the spa after you’ve eaten?

Talia: Yes and after can we go into the shops?

Danielle: Yep sounds good

After I ate my pancakes, I got dressed and grabbed a small bag to take with me then Danielle and I took the elevator 2 floors down to the spa. I quickly put my hair in a bun and took off the dress I was wearing showing my sea folly bathers which I brought last summer. I stepped into the spa and it was so warm, this weekend would have to be the most relaxing and eventful one of my life so far.   

Luke’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning with ‘With You’ by Chris Brown stuck in my head, I don’t even know why. I hate when that happens, because I’ll end up singing that song the entire day. After Talia and Danielle went down to the spa I started to pack up my things when I accidently knocked Talia’s tracksuit pants to the floor. I went to pick them up and a letter dropped out. I picked it up and started to read it:

Dear Miss Talia Domenica Zavonne,

Congratulations, you have been offered an audition to try out for the National Academy of Dance in Sydney. We received the DVD that you sent into us of you dancing and were amazed at the level of skill you have. We invite you to come to the academy for your first audition on July 28th 2012 at 11am.

Please contact the company for further information on: 0412384612

We look forward to seeing you show us what you’ve got.

Kind Regards,

Hayley Marshall (Dance Co-ordinator)

Wow, I couldn’t believe what I’d just read. Talia gave up dancing a year ago because she said she physically couldn’t do it anymore, she still danced for fun but I never knew she was taking it seriously again. Why didn’t she tell me? Didn’t she trust me enough, I don’t understand. Why would she send a video of herself dancing into the National Academy? What if she gets accepted and moves to Sydney? What will happen to us?

I heard footsteps coming into my room; I quickly put the letter back into her tracksuit pants and went to lie on the bed. I knew it was Talia, I could hear her voice from a mile away she’s so loud.

Talia: Hey watcha doing?

Luke: Not much, just thinking

Talia: About what?

I didn’t want to bring up the letter now, this weekend’s has been great but I knew I had to sometime, just not now. I sat up and started to walk out of the room.

Luke: Get changed and meet me down in the lobby. Time for your final surprise of the weekend

Talia’s P.O.V:

I got changed into jeans, a woollen jumper and put on a scarf. I finished packing my things up and walked down to the lobby where Luke told me to meet him. I wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but I knew it was something good. As I walked down the steps, I saw Luke sitting by the edge of the indoor water fountain with his guitar. I stopped walking on the bottom step and he smiled at me, and mouthed the words ‘Stay there’ He started playing his guitar and soon everyone around us stopped whatever they were doing and diverted their attention to Luke.

Luke: ‘The song is dedicated to my beautiful girlfriend, Talia. I don’t know what I would do without her, she is my everything.

At this point in time there were butterflies in my stomach; I had so many emotions running through me it was so over whelming. What made my heart melt was when he started singing the song lyrics ‘When I look into your eyes, it’s like watching the night sky or a beautiful sun rise, there’s so much they hold..’ I never saw this coming; I didn’t even know he brought his guitar with him to the hotel.

As the song finished the people who were still watching Luke and I started yelling out ‘You’re so lucky to have someone like him’ ‘Awww this is the cutest’ When Luke put down his guitar I ran up and jumped into his arms and we had a make out session in front of a crowd, but I didn’t care. Not long after the security guards came up to us and said that they’ve seen enough PDA for one day. As we walked off to our room, hand in hand, I smiled to myself thinking ‘I wouldn’t have this any other way’