Chapter 28: Little Timmy

Chapter 28

Little Timmy woke up in a good mood. Even the stars pasted on the ceiling looked bigger, and it was all thanks to the big red bunny he had dreamt of the night before. It was just the softest and biggest red bunny he had ever seen; bigger even, than his own bunny, which really wasn't very big to begin with, and of course, it was bigger than Baby, his ebony skinned doll, who was smaller than his own Bunny.

So Timmy was happy because he was sure that no one, not even Micha and certainly not Liam, had ever seen a bunny quite so big and quite so red. He hummed to himself as he lay there in bed, looking up at the pretty stars on the ceiling. He liked them better when it was dark, because then they were bright and they made him happy.

"The staws no haf light Micha." Timmy whispered, knowing full well that Micha was fast sleep beside him, but feeling that it was necessary to let him know nonetheless. He couldn't understand why the stars, which were bright and beautiful at night, had not an ounce of light during the day. It confused him, and though he had asked Micha and his daddy on more than one occasion, nothing they said made him understand it any better.

If they had light at night, then they should have light in the day. Even as Little Timmy debated this in his mind, images of the red bunny popped up and pulled him away from his all too important thoughts. It had been the best red bunny he had ever seen and he wanted to go to school so he could tell Liam all about it.

Liam, he was sure, would be so excited by the news. After all, Liam loved bunnies almost as much as Timmy did but all Liam had to play with, was a bear that didn't even have big floppy ears. In Timmy's small and innocent world, it was a tragedy.

"Wed bunny, wed bunny, wed bunny." He sang quietly as he looked up at the stars. He stuck his feet into the air and noticed, for the first time since waking, that he was wearing clothes. He frowned, before promptly pulling them all off his body. When he was done, he rolled them up into balls just the way he had seen Micha do it, but with nowhere to keep them, he dropped them onto the floor by the bed.

He then stretched out again on his back, this time feeling much better and less itchy. He once again stuck his little feet into the air and touched his toes with his fingers. He wondered if the red bunny was just as soft as his own bunny. He glanced at his long time friend and considered, then considered some more, until he finally reached across and picked him up. He tested his bunny by squeezing his fat, furry belly, then he closed his eyes and scrunched up his nose to think.

After a while, he came up with his answer; red bunny was softer than his own bunny. Little Timmy was impressed.

He then glanced at Micha, who was still deep in sleep, and after but a moment's consideration, he rolled and rolled until he was pressed up against Micha's side. He closed his eyes tight and held very still so that Micha wouldn't wake up, because if Micha woke up, he would brush Timmy's teeth and Little Timmy didn't want anything to ruin his happy morning.

Satisfied that Micha was still dreaming, he climbed carefully onto Micha's back and lay there, pressing his fat cheek against the nape of his neck. This time, it took him but a moment to find his answer; Micha was much warmer than red bunny.

This realization did nothing to dissuade Timmy from his interest however, because he had long ago discovered that the people who gave the best hugs were a whole lot warmer than normal. Eventually, red bunny would get warmer. He sat up in Micha's back and reached out with his tiny hands to grab Bunny and Baby off the blanket, then he tucked them carefully under his arm and slid off Micha and onto the floor below.

He made sure to be extra quiet as he ran across the room and took great care when closing the bedroom door behind him. Out in the hallway, he shifted his friends in his hands, so that he held Baby in one and Bunny in the other. Together, they made their way slowly but steadily down the stairs and into the kitchen.