Chapter 55

Jareth's POV

Jareth woke up late the next morning. He got up quickly and changed into his clean uniform, then ran into the bathroom to do his hair. He looked in the mirror and saw a large purple and blue bruise on his cheek. He bit his lip and choked back tears, then did his hair. He almost put foundation over the bruise but decided it wasn't worth it.

He sighed and left the bathroom. He grabbed his supplies for the day and walked towards the Great Hall, thinking about the night before.

The night before.

'I forgot to meet Carter', Jareth remembered, eyes widening. He began to panic. 'He's going to kill me...'

He turned on his heels and ran back down the halls to the Hufflepuff common room. He threw his books and things on his bed and went to the bathroom again.

'How do I make myself sick...?' He wondered. He looked around the bathroom until he got an idea. He ran back to his bed and pulled his suitcase out from underneath it. He dug around and found what he needed; 5 chocolate frogs, and toothpaste. He squeezed his eyes shut and ate every single chocolate frog, then downed the toothpaste.

He finally felt sick and ran to the bathroom. 'Do not throw up, do not throw up, do not-' And, of course, he threw up.

He groaned and cleaned himself up, then walked out of the dorms and into the common room.

"Shouldn't you be at breakfast, dear? Classes start in only a few minutes," Helga pointed out. Jareth frowned at her.

"I'm sick," he stated and walked out of the common room. He walked all the way to the hospital wing and explained that he was sick to Madame Pomfrey.

"Well, I can get you to your classes in no time! But you should rest for at least half of the day, I don't want you getting everyone else sick," she muttered, rushing him to a bed. He sat and she had him lay down, then gave him some potion to drink.

"Now rest. I'll bring you water, you must stay hydrated," she said, and rushed off.

Jareth sighed in relief. At least now he had some time to stall before Carter kills him. Although he still felt extremely sick.

'I regret this already,' he thought. 'But it's better than being murdered... Or worse.'