Chapter 8

Jareth's POV

Sirius started falling to the ground, faster by the second. Jareth and Leona looked at each other and nodded. They both went straight towards Sirius, hoping to catch him before he hurt himself.

"No no no no no," Jareth repeated, flying as fast as he could towards his friend. Leona flew above Sirius, grabbing his arms. Jareth flew beneath him so Leo could lower him onto Jareth's broom.

They flew Sirius to the ground together, making sure he wouldn't fall again. James was already on the ground, running towards them quickly.

"Sirius, mate, are you okay?" James asked, looking panicked. Sirius nodded, his face pale.

"I'm fine. I, uh, I'm going to go," Sirius said, standing shakily.

"You need to see Madame Pomfrey, Sirius," Leona said. "Just in case."

"No, I'm fine, really," Sirius said.

"Sirius," Jareth said in a serious tone. "You need to go. We're worried about you. I'll go with you, okay?" Sirius nodded, agreeing.

"James, Leona, you should probably bring everything back. We don't want to get caught," Jareth said. The two nodded. Sirius tried to walk with Jareth, but was too shaky. Jareth gently pulled Sirius' arm around his shoulder, wrapping an arm around Sirius' waist to stabilize him. Sirius looked at him gratefully and they continued to walk up to the castle.

Once they got to the Hospital Wing, he helped Sirius over to Madam Pomfrey.

"Heavens, what's happened this time?! It's not even seven a.m. and you're already hurt? Merlin," Madam Pomfrey said, tutting as she helped Sirius to a bed.

"He fell out of a tree, ma'am," Jareth said. 'Thank you', Sirius mouthed. Jareth smiled kindly and nodded.

"A tree?! At this hour? Mr. Black, why must you always be in such trouble," she said, shaking her head. "Well, there's not much I can do for you. You don't seem to be physically hurt. I think just some rest will suffice. Perhaps some chocolate. You seem pretty shaken up, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to help you."

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey," Jareth said. She nodded curtly and walked off to prepare what seemed to be medicines.

"You should get to class," Sirius said quietly.

"It's okay. I'll stay with you for awhile," Jareth replied. Sirius nodded, blushing slightly. 'Oh, good, he's regaining color!' Jareth thought happily.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No, I'm alright. Thank you, Jareth. For everything. Sorry about that," Sirius said, chuckling slightly.

"Don't be sorry, Sirius, you didn't do anything wrong," Jareth replied with a smile.

"I guess I'm not cut out for quidditch, eh?" Sirius said with a laugh.

"Hey, for what it's worth, you did really well out there," Jareth said. Sirius blushed darker.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

The boys smiled at each other.

"SIRIUS, HOLY SHIT!" James sprinted into the room with Leona walking behind him, laughing.

"ARE YOU OKAY?! ARE YOU DEAD?! ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?!"

"James, relax, I'm okay," Sirius said, laughing.

"Are you sure?! Do you need anything?! Food? Water? A blanket? A hug? A-"

"James, he's fine," Jareth said.

"Oh. Right. Okay," James trailed off.

"You good, Sirius?" Leona asked. Sirius nodded in reply.

"Yeah. Thanks, Leo."

"No problem."

(End of flashback)