Chapter 31

Jareth's POV

The train ride was beginning to come to an end much too soon for Jareth's liking. He knew he wasn't going to see his friends months, and it was bloody depressing. Except Sirius, thankfully, because he was going to be staying with them for most of the summer. But Leona... He wouldn't see her for three months... again. And it depressed him.

At least he'll have Sirius. Maybe he'd actually get some sleep now that James had his best mate with him. But Jareth needed to talk to Sirius about their relationship. His parents could not know.

"Sirius, can I, uh, can I talk to you? Alone?" Jareth asked when they train ride was only an hour or so from King's Cross. He saw Sirius glance at James nervously before standing and walking out of the compartment.

"Be right back," Jareth said to Leona before following his boyfriend out the door, closing it behind him. There was no one else outside of the compartments, so they stayed outside in the hall.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Sirius asked, clearly trying to hide his nerves.

"Sirius, listen, I... I'm thrilled that you're staying with us this summer, and I can't express how much happiness you bring me and Merlin, you're beautiful and- Anyway. I love you," Jareth said, wincing.

"Jareth, darling, I know," Sirius said, laughing.

"I wasn't finished. I love you, but... My parents can't know that," Jareth said quietly.

"Oh. Oh, okay. I... That's fine. I understand," Sirius said, smiling, although his voice was sad.

"I'm sorry, Siri, I just can't come out yet, and if my parents knew... I don't know what they're say, or, or if they'd let us be together and-"

"Jareth, babe, it's okay," Sirius said, taking Jareth's hands. "I'll respect your boundaries. If you don't want your parents to know, it's okay. We can snog when they're not home-"

"Sirius, Merlin's beard!" Jareth exclaimed, pushing him away. Sirius laughed.

"I'm joking, Jare," he said, still laughing. "Mostly."

"Shut up," Jareth said, then wrapped his arm around Sirius' waist, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Merlin, get a room," James said exasperatedly. "Couldn't you have waited until we got home?"

"Okay, James, I'm going to ask you to shut up right now. First of all, shove of. Second, we can't, uh, at home," Jareth said, glaring slightly at his brother. James' face fell.

"What do you mean? Are you... Not going to tell Mum and Dad?"

"No," Jareth said, sighing. "I... I can't yet. I love them, and I know they love me, but... I'm not ready. You understand, right?"

"I guess, but... Jareth, Mum and Dad would be fine with it! They'd be happy that you found love, and-"

"James. Don't. Please. I can't. Not yet," Jareth said, tearing up a bit.

"No, no, Jareth please don't cry, I'm sorry. I get it. It's okay. I won't tell them anything," James said, walking over and hugging his two best friends. He loved Remus and Peter, of course, but Jareth and Sirius... he loved them both like, well, like brothers.

Maybe if both Jareth and James were lucky enough, someday James would have Sirius as his brother-in-law.

"Thank you," Jareth whispered. They all let go of each other, smiling in agreement.

"Alright, well, we should be arriving back in London in about half an hour," James predicted. "We should go spend time with everyone before we part."

"Agreed," Jareth said, walking back into the compartment with the two other boys.

Jareth sat next to Leo and smiled at her.

'What was that?' She mouthed.

'I'll explain when we get off' Jareth mouthed back. She gave him a look, but left him be.

They spent the rest of the ride talking and laughing, though, as usual, there was a hint of sadness in all of their voices.

When the train finally came to a stop, they all looked at each other sadly. They grabbed their luggage and exited the train quickly. Once they were on the Platform, they all hugged and bid their goodbyes. Peter left first, running off to meet his family. Remus and Leona kissed quickly and Remus went to speak with James and Sirius. Leona then ran over to Jareth and grabbed him by the arm, dragging him away.

"So?"

"Merlin, Leona, relax, I was just saying that my parents can't know about us!"

"Oh. Well, in that case," Leona hugged him tightly. Jareth hugged her back, tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you so much," Jareth whispered.

"Write me every week, okay? Every week," she said, crying as well, now.

"I promise," he said. "I love you, Leo."

"I love you too, you bloody git," she said, wiping away her tears.

"Merlin, it's like you two are the couple," Sirius exclaimed from a few feet away. James laughed.

"Oh, hush," Lily said from next to the two boys. "Let them have their little best friend moment."

"I'll miss you, Lily," Jareth said, smiling softly.

"I'll miss you too, Jareth," she said, returning the smile.

"Oh, how I'll miss you, my dearest Lily Flower. Don't you cry, now, you'll see me in only a few months time," James said, then kissed Lily's hand. She pulled it away, a look of disgust crossing her face.

"I most certainly will not miss you," she said, walking away from the group. Leona smiled sadly at Jareth, then kissed him on the cheek and ran after her sister.

Sirius growled slightly, seemingly jealous of Leona. Jareth simply laughed.

"Relax, Sir', she's practically my sister," he said. Sirius pouted still. James laughed again.

"Boys!" They heard their mother's voice and turned to see her and their father walking quickly towards them. She attacked all three of them in a hug, releasing them soon after.

"How was school? Tell us everything. Oh, I've missed you so much. Hurry now, let's get to the car," their mum was frantic and rushing as usual. Jareth, Sirius, and James smiled at each other, excited to spend the summer together.