Chapter 58

Leona's POV

Leona bit her lip in concentration as she paced around the common room.

'I need to help him.' She thought. 'But how?'

She heard someone walk into the common room and turned quickly to see who it was. It was just some random first year. She waved and smiled at Leona politely, and Leona did the same. Then she continued to pace the room.

She decided that she needed some air, and walked out into the open halls.

She heard footsteps from down a hall and froze. She heard them getting closer, and ran behind a pillar. She watched as they approached.

"Jareth?" She called. The person turned to see her and froze. She could see him panicked. Definitely Jareth.

She ran over to him and wrapped him in a hug. He cried out and she let go of him. He fell to the floor, clutching his stomach and hiding his face.

"Jareth?! Jareth, oh my Merlin, what happened?" She asked, dropping to her knees. Jareth shook his head.

"I-I'm fine, just sick still, I-I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"Jareth, look at me," she said. He shook his head, looking down still. She lifted his head to look at his face. She gasped loudly, covering her mouth with both hands. Jareth put his head down again, frowning. He was bruised in three places, and his lip and a cut on his forehead were bleeding.

"Jareth... You can't keep living like this! I need to help, I need to tell someone, I-"

"No!" He suddenly yelled, snapping his head up. Leona jumped in surprise. "S-sorry, it's just... I'm fine. Okay? I just fell. Again. I'm really clumsy..."

"Jareth, no, I need to help you, I-"

"No, Leona, it's okay. Please don't.... Please don't tell anyone anything. I have to go," he said, standing. He winced in pain and ran down the hall, leaving Leona crying for her friend on the floor of the hall.