Chapter 50

Sirius' POV

Sirius felt his heartbreak. Jareth had completely ignored him and the rest of their friends. He was, needless to say, very mad and upset by this. He turned to Leona, who looked like she'd just been punched in the gut. He looked to James, who looked betrayed.

"My own brother..." Sirius heard him whisper. Sirius knew exactly how he felt.

His brother, Regulus, had been very close with Sirius in their younger years. In Sirius' first year, when he was sorted into Gryffindor, that changed. Regulus seemed to have a newfound hate towards his brother.

Sirius has tried to reason with Reg, to no avail. Regulus had become like his parents; cold, racist, and naughty to the point of cruelty.

It broke Sirius' heart.

Sirius stood abruptly, staring at Jareth, who had just glanced back at them. Sirius glared at him, shaking his head slightly, and ran out of the Great Hall.

He knew he was being overdramatic. He always was. Sometimes he hated himself for it, like now.

He ran to the courtyard and climbed up a lone tree that was there. He leaned against the trunk and sighed.

'Overreacting... we're broken up. He deserves happiness, like me. He's happy. That's good. That's what matters...' He thought to himself. 'Merlin I hate being in love with someone I can't have...'

"Sirius? Sirius- oh. Sirius. Come down."

Leona stuff under the tree and looked up at her friend.

"No," Sirius said. Leona glared and folded her arms.

"Siri, please. I want to talk," she said. Sirius shook his head. Leona sighed. "Fine then." She grabbed a branch and started climbing up to Sirius, who sighed, annoyed.

"Goddamnit, Leo, leave me alone!"

"No," she said and sat next to her friend. Sirius glared at her and then looked away. "Sirius, look, I know you still love him. But he's over you. You need to move on, Siri..."

"DON'T YOU THINK I WANT TO?!" Sirius suddenly yelled, snapping his head toward Leona. Leona's eyes widened. "Don't you know how hard it is to be so in love with someone... for so bloody long... only to have them break it off and leave you so alone and he just... moves on like that? He's over me already! After one day! I love him so much, Leo. I'm glad he's happy. But I'm not. I wish I could move on. I wish I could be happy. But without him... it's impossible."

"I know," she mumbled. "But you can't keep breaking down every time you see him with Carter. It's not healthy. Just... I don't know. I'm sorry."

"I don't know either, Leo. But it's not going to get easier anytime soon," Sirius replied. He started climbing down the tree, then when he got to the ground, walked to the Gryffindor common room. He flopped onto a couch in front of the fire and sighed, thinking about what he'd done and how much he regretted it.