Chapter One

-Eren's POV-

I walked into the crowded classroom, the hoodie sleeves itching at my arms, and the books falling at my desk. Armin shot a look at me, which I ignored and plopped down at my seat. Mr. Rivaille walked to the front of the class, and I pulled out my notebook from my pocket as he started talking, not paying attention. It was the last class of the day, cut me some slack. The pages flipped by as I looked past the notes I had left for various different people, for when I was gone. I started writing.

Dear armin,

Thanks you for being here for I. You were a amazing person in the time I knew u. See you in the after-life.

Eren

I slid the notebook back into my pocket as the bell started to ring, and I collected my books. Since I sat in the back, so Mr. Rivaille didn't notice me, I was the last one walking towards the door. But when I tried to get up, I saw Mr. Rivaille put his hand down on my desk.

"Eren Jaeger," he said, his cold eyes staring into mine.

"Yes?"

"You are failing this class. You have not turned in a single assignment this entire year, and I haven't seen you participate in class."

"So?"

"So I want you to pass this class. You're going to stay after class and learn all of the things you've missed."

"Make me, shortie," I sneered. Bad idea. He dragged me over to his desk and sat me down, standing in front of me, and holding up the notebook that had slipped put of my pocket.

"What is this, Eren?"

"A-A notebook."

"And what's in it?"

"Paper."

"And what is on that paper?"

I got up from the chair and snatched the notebook from his hand.

"None of your business."

"Oi, the brat's diary, is it? Sit back down, will you? I'm here for a reason."

I found myself lowering into Mr. Rivaille's chair, and I saw him collecting some papers from his file cabinets.

"Mr. Rivaille, why are you doing this?" I asked, putting the notebook away.

"Because I don't want you in my damn class next year. Call me Levi, because you'll be here for a while."

He threw a composition notebook down in front of me.

"Write something for me."

I opened up the notebook and wrote "something" on the front page.

"God damn it, Eren."

"I wrote something, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did. List ten reasons why you don't pay attention to me in class."

I started writing-

1. Its boring as fuck

2. I don't care.

3. I'm not going to be a author or whatever.

4. I have better things to do.

5. I don't really like u.

"Stop, stop," Levi said, his hand on my shoulder. "Five is enough."

"How is this helping me?"

"It's not. It's helping me."

"Can I get out of here?"

"No."

I sat there, writing short stories, while Levi edited them and criticized me. I caught myself looking at him, his grey eyes, tidy hair- No! I didn't like him! I'm not gay!

After a while, he dismissed me, and I walked through the hallways, I noted that it was past seven, and I threw my things in my satchel and started to walk home.

"Oi, Jaeger," a voice called from behind. Levi was walking behind me, coat billowing out as he ran to catch up to me.

"What do you want?"

"I'm just walking home."

"Don't you have a car?"

"I only live a block from here, at the new apartment complex. You?"

"Same. Guess we'll be walking home together."

I couldn't help but notice the warm sensation in my cheeks- and it wasn't from the biting cold.