chapter 8

Frank stared at Gerards drawing in shock and sadness. It was 3:35 and they were sitting at the bench again. Neither of them had said anything to each other and Gerard even pretended to not know Frank was even there. Frank didnt stare yet but then he glanced at Gerards drawing and the emotion he got from it completely shocked him. It was so much emotion and it said a lot. It explained a lot.

Gerard noticed Frank's face "what?' he asked, curious as to why Frank looked like he just witnessed a murder and discovered the secret criminal of the century that did it too.

"uh..I..your drawing..." Frank stuttered out.

"what? never seen anyone draw before?" Gerard said sarcastically

Frank shook his head "no sorry I was just in shock for a moment"

"Yeah duh but why?"

"Its just... well it just says a lot, that's all" Frank said, not wanting Gerard to know that he now knew a lot more about him than Gerard would want him to.

"what do you mean?" Gerard looked a little worried now.

"I understand some things about you now"

"from one drawing? bullshit"

"no not just the drawing. a lot of things. It adds up...sorry I really dont mean to be creepy I've just always had the ability to understand a lot from small things"

"what do you undedstand?" Gerard got more and more tense each time Frank said something but Gersrd showed this with what seemed like anger.

"why you like this bench...why you act so cold and dont want to be friends..."

"really? why." he was skeptical now.

"you feel...afraid. Not like afraid-of-being-left afraid..but someone-is-making-you-afraid afraid.." Frank looked at Gerards expression to confirm what he was saying was true. Gerard anger confirmed it. "yeah...someone doesn't want you to make friends. You like this bench to get away from all of that...I may be incorrect but.."

Gerard interpreted him "I dont know who told you what but that is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard in my entire life and anything you think you know about me, forget it. got it?" Gerard spat, leaning closer to Frank in anger.

Frank swallowed hard "you're scared"

"I'm. not." Gerard said angrily

"I can see it. you're defensiveness is just a result of that fear. The person wouldn't want other people knowing what's going on. It's okay they're safe...I dont know who they are I just know someone or something exists that is creating this fear. Its alright I won't tell. But dont let them control you. live your life while you can"

Gerard expression quickly went soft and he leaned away from Frank

"I dont undedstand how yo-" Gerard trailed off. What Frank was saying wasn't totally accurate but it was quite close.

"neither do I..I just do"

Gerard looked at Frank, hopelessly.

"Dont let Them control you" Frank repeated

Gerard nodded "okay. by the way, whats your name?"

"Frank" Gerard became nervous.

Frank looked at his watch "I have to meet up with my friend now though so..I'll see you tomorrow" Frank said and stood up.

"okay" Gerard sat at the bench, shocked at what just happened.

Frank waved and walked to Ray's house.