chapter 6

HELLO I JUST WANTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I CHANGED SOME THINGS IN PREVIOUS CHAPTERS BECAUSE GERARD WAS STARTING SO SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE FICS WHERE HE LIKE KILLS THINGS AND ITS ALL WEIRD AND KINKY SO I CHANGED SOME LINES TO MAKE HIM SEEM LESS CREEPY AND MORE EDGY AND COOL BC THATS WHAT IM GOING FOR. ANYWAY, ENJOY, MY DOODS

Gerard sat in a desk in his extra room. He used it for art and music. His only guitar was located in one corner along with a few amps, a microphone, and a piano. Next to it was a stand containing lots of papers and notebooks containing songs he wrote that no one else would ever hear. On the other side of the room was a desk full of scattered art supplies, sketchbooks, and a few canvases, though he didnt use canvas a lot.

He loved writing comics. He had a whole stand full of shelves and shelves of copic markers and fine liners. He drew comics all the time about everything. Small comedy comics, scenes he saw in real life and wanted to recreate, or long superhero comics. The comic he was working on right now was titled "cheese man."

It started with Gerard in the store looking for some good yogurt and then a man, who he drew much shorter than he actually was, walked on over and had a staring contest with the side of his face. After that, Gerard, who he illustrated as one of his superheroes with shoulder length red hair and a blue jacket with white Jean's and black boots, confronts the boy but all he does is scream "my cheese! I was looking at cheese! cheese!"

This was probably one of his dumbest comics but the situation he had gotten into with that creepy guy in the store was too funny to ignore and he wanted to somehow remember it. He laughed to himself and suddenly remembered the bench. He enjoyed that little area but really didn't want to run into the short weirdo again or really anyone in this town after what Mikey told him so he waited until 4 to go.

Frank was sitting on the bench. he had stayed longer than he usually would. He was just interested in seeing Gerard again. He waited around until around 4:15 when he saw Gerard approaching. He kicked around some stones while sitting on the edge of the bench. He scooted over when Gerard went to sit down.

Gerard was very disappointed that the guy was still here. He sighed and played a drum beat on his thighs, bored because he forgot his sketchbook.

Frank wanted to start some type of conversation but didnt know how. He recognized the song and played along with an air guitar. Gerard looked over with a weirded out face and Frank quickly stopped and stared in the other direction.

"I swear you're the weirdest man ive ever met" Gerard mumbled

"yeah.." Frank didnt know what to say.

"cool thing you knew the song though I guess"

Frank awkwardly chuckled

"you remind me of me in highschool. dont worry, you wont be so weird when you grow up. highschool just sucks"

"um...I'm actually 25...but yeah highschool sucked"

"ooh I'm so sorry you're just so..." Gerard stuttered 

"short." Frank smiled slightly

"yeah but it's cute dont worry" Gerard said quickly. Gerard cursed at himself in his head for being nice to this guy. What if he's the 'Frank' guy that Mikey was talking about?

"hey wasnt I supposed to not talk to you?" frank said with a sarcastic tone

Gerard rolled his eyes "yeah whatever I was having a grumpy day and you seem much cooler today than you did yesturday."

"what do you mean?" frank asked

"I mean yesturday I thought you were a total weirdo and today you seem like you're kinda cool just really awkward. yesturday I hated you, today I just kinda pity you" Gerard admitted

"wow..I mean I cant disagree with you but...wow"

"sorry was that too honest?" Gerard asked

"nah"

Gerard smiled a little.  Frank looked up and smiled back.

"no sketchbook?"

"I already drew before I left. plus I forgot it" Gerard shrugged

"ooh"

They stayed silent for the rest of the hour and a half that they stayed. Frank looked around and played with stones using his feet and Gerard looked off, lost in thought.

Frank texted Ray as he was leaving

F: yo hes actually kinda cool. and nice

R: yay

F: dont ger your hopes up..hes too cool still

R: are you crushing now?

F: why do you always ask?

R: you seem so see him and talk about him a lot

F: hes attractive but no

R: sure

F: seriously shut up

R: :)