Chapter 10: Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

  When we landed on Speavis, it was a neat place. Very fancy and high-class. I guess that’s what you get for landing on a planet with a bunch of Ambassadors. I walked up to Jedi and smiled and tapped his shoulder.

“Good job, Jedi. Keep your radio on and we’ll keep in touch.”

  He nodded his head, “Remember, there’s going to be people out there pointing guns at your face because they don’t believe that you’re an Apex spy.”

  I shook my head, “I’ll convince then somehow.”

  I turned around and saw Kris and Tan’kel behind me, “Alright, let’s move out.”

  I walked out of the ship and we walked down the walkway until we got near the entrance. A few security came out and stopped us from entering. Two women and a Sculvera were standing there, blocking our way.

“Stop right there, your visit's unexpected.” Said the first woman who was obviously in charge

“I’m an Apex spy here on behalf of the High Three.”

“This is a load of crap, ma’am. Are you really going to believe this?” asked the second woman

  The one in charge looked over to her companion and then back to me, “I’m going to have to take your weapons.”

  They started to take a few steps towards us, of course being as protective as we were, we pulled out our guns. Kris and I showing our biotics and Tan’kel showing her tech. They pulled out their guns and had them up like ours. I just wanted to get in and save these people from these creatures! I looked to the one in charge for a few seconds before I turned off my biotics and put down my gun.

“Stand down. Their house, their rules.”

  I was about to hand over my gun when a voice on the speaker came in through, “Captain, stand down! She is an Apex spy.”

  She turned to me and then looked to Kris and Tan’kel, “You guys got lucky.”

  She motioned for her people to stand down and then we headed inside. We walked up the stairs and a few scanners beeped. A woman behind the counter started to talk to us.

“Ignore them, those are our gun scanners.”

  I looked to her and then a smiled appeared on my face, “Thanks for saving us back there.”

  She motioned her hand, “It’s nothing.” She paused and then looked to me, “If you want to ask me a few questions, I’m the secretary for the guy who runs this place.”

  I nodded my head and headed on inside. It was a huge place, a lot of stairs too. There were so many parts to this place. I headed down the stairs and went to the far corner. Of course that’s where the head guy is. In the corner like a coward. I rolled my eyes and then headed inside. The guards pushed back Kris and Tan’kel. I could see that they both wanted to start something but I put my hand up and they just sighed and went and sat down. I walked down the hallway and then through another door. I got to the secretary and she smiled to me like she did a few minutes ago.

“I would like to talk to Ison.”

  She nodded her head and then opened the door and then looked to me, “He’s a bit hard to communicate with.”

  I nodded my head, “I’ll figure something out.”

  I walked past her desk and walked to the door. It opened and I walked in. The Sillas looked to me and then back to his computer.