Chapter 8: Scylla

Chapter 8: Scylla

 As soon as we got settled down, I walked over to the medical wing. The doctor looked to me and then sighed when she saw me. She motioned towards one of the beds. I went over and sat down. She walked over to me.

“Where does it hurt?”

 I shook my head and lifted up my arm, “These creatures fire something. I think it’s acid the way it burned through my armour, but I want you to do test.”

 She lifted up my arm and examined it. She walked over to her desk and got a swap. She swapped my arm and then walked over to her computer. She looked to me and then back to her computer. She put her hands on her hips and turned to me.

“This is going to take a bit. I suggest to try not to touch that part of your armour when taking it off.”

 I nodded my head and jumped off the table. I walked out and headed over to my locker. I opened it up started to take off my armour. I was going to have to get the arm replaced, fixed or replace my whole suit. I took off the rest of my armour and then thought I’d bring the arm down to our armoury guy. Hopefully he’ll be able to fix it. If not, then I’ll have to go back to the Citadel to get another one. I turned around and saw Kris over by his bunk.

 I walked over to him and he noticed me in the corner of my eye. He turned to me and smiled. I looked to his neck and noticed that the swelling had gone down. I looked to him.

“How are you feeling?”

 He crossed his arms, “Good. The doctor gave me some stuff to put down the swelling. She said it should be gone here in a few days, maybe a week.”

 I nodded my head, there was a pause for a second, “I heard there was quite the battle going on down there.” he looked down to my armour in my hand, “As I can see from your armour.”

 I looked down to my armour and then back to him, “Yeah, I’m going to go and see if James can fix it.”

 He nodded his head and then went back to his bunk, “You go do that. I’ll see you later.”

 I watched him for a second before I headed down the elevator to the deck. I walked over to James and he said that he could fix my armour but it was going to cost me. I rolled my eyes as this is how he usually is. I paid him and looked around. I saw Farcus over by the Raven. I walked over to him. He turned around from the computer on a few crates and smiled to me.

“What can I do for you, Shepard?”

“What’s your opinion on the last mission?”

 He sighed, “I think we might have learned a bit more about those creatures.” he looked over to James who was working on my armour, “I mean, if you were wearing anything lower for armour, you could’ve got some serious injuries.”

 I nodded my head, “I’m going see if I can get everybody at least Level two armour. That way I know we’re all safe.”

 He nodded his head, “Smart idea, Shepard.”

 He looked like he wanted to say something more, “What is it, Farcus?”

“I think we might be dealing with something even bigger than what we expected. I mean, that beacon that we found, it was under ground. That had to have been there for several years, maybe several decades.”

 I nodded my head, “I understand where you’re getting at. I took a look around the caves and they looked as if they had been there far longer than anybody knew.”

 Farcus nodded his head and then reached in his pocket for something. He handed it to me. It was a small microchip. I held out my hand and he dropped it in my hand. I put it in my pocket.