Chapter 5: Vulea

Chapter 5: Vulea

 Once I had gotten around the ship and talked to everybody, I headed to my quarters and did some reading. I had to know what I was up against. There wasn’t much about these creatures. All there was about these things are that you have to shoot off the limbs and you have to possibly shoot their control beacon to destroy them. Even at that, you need to kill all those creatures or else they will return. I heard a knock on my door and then Farcus walked in. I looked up from my computer and smiled to him.

“What can I do for you, Farcus?”

 He walked over and looked around the place and then to me, “You have a nice place here.”

 I looked up to him, “Farcus, what are you really doing here other than to see my quarters?”

 He chuckled before he looked over to me, “I wanted to tell you what I was really investigating back at Apex.”

 I motioned to the seat in front of my desk. Farcus walked over and sat down.

“What were you investigating?”

“Whatever those creatures were. I went on several missions with those things. I believe they even attacked your own home planet.”

 I looked down to my hands on my desk and then looked back to Farcus, “Continue.”

 He shook his head, “I never really discovered what they were or where they even came from. I was trying to buy myself some more time but it never worked. That’s how I got released from my job as a Reliquum.”

 I nodded my head, “You seem to have a good understanding of these things.”

 He huffed, “Not really, these things are hard to piece together.”

"What do you mean?"

"We know almost nothing about these things."

 I nodded my head, "Even when I asked Kris about them, he had no clue what activated the beacon or what caused it to activate."

"Kris?" Farcus asked

 I shook my head to clear it, "Sorry, Lieutenant Nolan."

 Farcus raised a brow and then crossed his arms, "Isn't this Vulea the place you saved him from?"

 I took in a breath and leaned back in my chair, "Fuck, I completely forgot about that!"

 Farcus got up and then started to walk towards the door, "I've told you all I know about these things. I hope to find out more while I'm with you, Shepard."

 I nodded my head as he walked out. I put my elbows on my desk and set my hands on my face and took in a deep breath. I sat up straight and then turned on the intercom, "Lieutenant Nolan report to my quarters."

 I looked at my computer and turned off the intercom. A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door and then it opened. Lieutenant walked in and walked over to my desk and sat down. I looked to him.

"Kris, . . .-"

"You know, I still don't know your name."

 I ignored what he said and continued with my original thought, "Turn on your omni-tool."

 He did as I asked of him and then I sent him the data files on the creatures. He skimmed through it and then looked to me.

"Why are you showing me this?"

 I sighed, "Because we're heading back to Vulea."

 He sent me back my screens and then sat in the chair in silence. He looked to the floor and then to me.

Scylla  *CompletedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara