Part 57 ~ Hope Dies Last

This is it. This is how my life ends. Not even a minute ago I was on top of the world . . and now I'm about to leave it way too soon. I have a daughter and another one on the way. I can't die.

"RICHARD!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. 

What am I yelling for? He's dead. 

He must've had a heartattack.

I should've proposed to Destiny. If I had known that my life was going to end so soon I at least should've given her a fucking ring. This is torture. My heart is about to burst. I have a dead guy flying a jet on auto pilot. Think, Michael, THINK! I have to find a way to land this freakin' thing! I carefully remove Richard from the seat and take his place. I'm about to throw up, that's how I fucking feel.

HOW ON EARTH DO I FLY THIS THING???

RICHARD . . he has a phone on him!! I need to call for help!! . . and I hope I'll have time to call Destiny and Zaira to tell them I love them. This may be the last few minutes of my life. I can't breathe. I can't fucking breathe.

~ Destiny's point of view ~

Zaira is giving me the cold shoulder. I'm done trying to be nice to her. I'm just hoping that Michael will come back home soon. I'm getting tired and I wanna start dinner soon. I was just about to open the fridge when my phone starts ringing. I look at the display. I've never seen this phone number in my life. Who is this?

"Hello?" All I can hear is loud noises and lots of wind, making it hard for me to hear something. "Who's - Who's this? Who's calling?" 

. . . . .

. . . . .

"Hello? Who's there??"

~ Michael's point of view ~

FUCK.

It's too loud. She didn't hear me. I have to send a text message instead. This freakin' thing is about to crash into the ocean and end my freakin' life. I have to let her know that I love her. I can't believe I'm about to leave my family behind . . and Destiny . . and our unborn baby. . I have to send out this message before it's too late. I'm so sorry Zaira . . god, how much I love you. And Casey . . I forgive you. Of course I do. I just wish there was a way to tell you that. 

I can't make a phone call it's too noisy. I wipe the tears off my face and try to get my shit together. TYPE. I need to TYPE messages to everyone. This is the only way to say goodbye. 

~ Destiny's point of view ~

I'm looking at the boiling water on the stove and it's making me sleepy. Gosh, where is Michael? What's taking him so long? I hope he's alright. It's still raining out there. Oh, I just got a text message. It's the same number that tried to call me a few minutes ago. I open the message and read:

It's an empty message.

What is going on here? Who's trying to reach me? Could it be Michael? 

A bad feeling suddenly comes over me. I decide to call the number back but no one picks up. I try to call the number again but still, no one is answering. Now I'm starting to feel uneasy. Is it Michael who is trying to reach me? But whose number is this? Where is he calling from?

I type a message to this number and wait for a reply:

"Hello? Who is this?"

A few seconds later I get a message back . . an empty one again. That's when Zaira comes storming into the kitchen. "Is Dad still not back yet??!"