Part 20 ~ Sugared Curls

Sorry guys for any spelling mistakes in this part. . I did my best to write as fast as I could. I really hope you enjoy! . . thanks for voting & commenting, I truly appreciate it! much L.O.V.E, Mel xxx
________________

"Can you guys please sit back down? . . class isn't over yet!" I yell.

"Mr.Jackson . . . I have an appointment at the nail salon at 4!"

I sit back down at my desk, shaking my head with a smile on my face. Did Mayra really just say that? I can't believe how inappropriate that just was. I want my students to be at their best behaviour . . I try my best to be strict and fair at the same time but it's not always easy.

"Mayra . . . should I really care about your nails?" I say, looking right at her.

"I . . I don't know . . but I gotta have my nails done, they look awful!"

"Again . . do I really have to care about that? . . . sit back down, please!"

"Mr.Jackson . . I'm serious! . . it's only two more minutes until the bell rings!"

"Only two more minutes, huh? well for you it's 30 more minutes . . sit back down!"

"30 more minutes? . . Mr.Jackson what are you saying?"

"You're staying 30 minutes longer . . . and you can make another appointment"

"Are-Are you kidding me??"

"I don't think I am . . . and please watch your mouth, Mayra . . it's only getting worse from here . . please sit back down and continue working on the paper . . . everybody else, have a good evening! goodbye!"

All the students leave . . . . Mayra is sitting at her desk, giving me a mean stare. I couldn't care less. She was rude and she deserves to stay a little longer. I decide to work on some papers that I have to get ready for tomorrow while she's still here . . . might as well do something productive.

"Mr.Jackson . . . can I leave?!"

"No . . . it's 4:10pm . . . you're staying until 4:30"

"Why?!! . . I didn't do anything!"

"Don't raise your voice, young lady . . . ."

"I raise my voice whenever I want!!" She yells, getting up angrily.

"Sit back down, please"

"NO!!! I'm leaving! . . my friends are waiting outside, I'm not saying until 4:30!"

She puts her earphones in and start packing her stuff. I walk over to her and put my hand on the book she was just about to put into her schoolbag. She looks up at me, waiting for me to say something. I can see the anger in her eyes . . . . but I don't care . . . rules are rules and when I say something, I don't want my students to talk back to me.

"It's not 4:30 yet . . . put your phone away and continue working on your paper!"

"NO!!!!"

She packs her stuff, walks out of the room and slams the door shut . . . alright then . . . I know who's cleaning the teacher's parking lot tomorrow. I pack my briefcase and get going. Destiny should be home already. She worked the early shift today. I call a cab and drive home. I'm starving . . . today was rough, I could really use some relaxation. I pay the cab driver and walk inside my house. The smell of freshly baked brownies makes my mouth water . . with a smile on my face I walk over to the kitchen, admiring the chocolate goodness that is waiting to get in my stomach.

"Destiny? . . . Love? . . are you here?"

She comes walking down the staircase with a nervous look on her face. I smile at her, letting her know that I'm happy to be home. She slowly walks up to me, wrapping her arms around me and giving me a kiss on my neck. I grab her face and kiss her . . . . "How was your day, beautiful?"