Part 35 ~ Michael's Old Flame

~ Destiny's point of view ~ 

Michael and I are relaxing on the couch. It's almost 10pm . . Zaira is fast asleep. Michael has his head resting on my stomach. I'm gently brushing my fingers through his hair. If I'm not mistaken, he's about to fall asleep.

I'm sure he had a hard day at work. I hear my phone vibrating. I reach over to the coffee table, hoping not to disturb Michael's comfortable position on me and look at the display. It's Casey . . he's calling me. I carefully push Michael off of me and answer the phone call, walking out to the backyard.

"Hello?" 

"Destiny . . can you do me a huge favor?"

"Casey . . what's the matter?"

"Mom and dad . . kinda . . sorta . . threw me out of the house"

"WHAT? . . Casey what happened? . . what's going on?"

"Please promise me not to say a word to Michael . . please!"

"Ok . . ok, I promise . . what's going on, Casey??"

"My parents found out that I didn't go to school this afternoon . . they told me to go to my grand parents' house but I don't wanna go there . . can . . can I stay at your house?"

"At my house? . . Casey! . . what are you doing?!"

"Please, Destiny . . ."

"Just come over here to Michael's house . . ok?"

"NO! . . I can't come over there . . Michael will go on and on about why I didn't go to school this afternoon and he won't stop asking about my friend . . I can't and I don't want to see Michael right now . . please, Destiny"

"Casey . . you're putting me in a very uncomfortable position! . . you're asking me to lie to your brother . . which I'm not happy about! . . at all! . . you can't be doing this . . I know I'm not your sister and I'm not your mother either but you're behavior is not ok . . please just come over here and talk to Michael . . he's not going to freak out, ok?"

"Destiny, I can't . . I can't come over . . I know my brother . . he'll freak out . . like he aways does. I do not have the energy for that right now . . I popped some pills with my friend earlier today and I'm still feeling miserable . . and weak . . and nauseous"

"Popping pills? . . Casey, what are you doing?!! . . you're so irresponsible! you can't be doing drugs, this is so wrong!! . . I'm starting to worry about you, too!! . . . please come over here . . I will not tell Michael that your parents threw you out . . and I will not tell him what you did with your friend . . please just come over here, ok? . . I promise you, it'll be ok"

"I don't know . . . I know Michael . . . he'll freak . . . we're not good with each other right now"

"Your brother really loves you . . he's being so protective of you because he loves you . . not to torture you, Casey . . please come over here . . you guys need to sort this out"

"But if I come over, Michael will ask me why I didn't go to school today . . what will I tell him?? . . he called . . my friend talked to him . . Michael knows I was with that friend of mine . . the one he doesn't like . . I'm screwed . . Michael will go on an on about it, I just know it!"

"He will not, ok? . . I promise you . . it'll be ok!"

"Ugh . . fine . . can - can you pick me up?"

"Sure . . I'm already on my way" 

I hang up the phone and get going. I hope Michael will not freak out at Casey. I get in the car and pick up Casey at his parents' house. He gets in the car with a depressed look on his face. He turns on the radio and remains silent for the rest of the car ride.