Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

            I woke up Monday morning in a familiar place. Aiden’s room. Aiden himself was sleeping soundly next to me. I was facing away from him while his arm was draped across my torso. I was in no mood to get up so I remained snuggled up against him, enjoying the moment while it lasted.

            I started thinking about everything that happened yesterday, especially with Mark and I just so upset and torn over the whole thing. I never should have let him so close in the first place. The boyfriend idea was a mistake. It was nice at the time, but it ended horribly and school was going to be a little awkward now whenever I saw him. I sighed, wondering when winter break would come.

            Suddenly a person burst through the door. “Aide! Get up. It’s time to get ready for school.” It was his little sister Willa, who I was rather fond of. Aiden groaned and slowly sat up, leaving my back cold.

            “Ugh, shut up.” Aiden said, throwing his pillow at her.

            “Is that a girl?” She asked.

            I sat up and she blushed when she saw that it was me. “Callie?”

            “Hi Willa.”

            “Hey,” she said shyly.

            I chuckled. Ever since she caught me and her brother coming out of the shower together, she could never look me straight in the face.  

            “What’s going on here?” Another voice said. Aiden’s younger step-sister Delilah popped her head in. She was thirteen and still in middle school. When she saw me, blushed and then covered her eyes and walked away. “Oh my gosh.”

            I looked down. The covers were still covering everything. Why was she so embarassed?

            Aiden ran a hand across his face in frustration. “Get out and close the door behind you.”

            Both sisters quickly left us alone and Aiden fell back onto the bed. He looked up at me and a small smile lit up his features. “You’re still here.”

            “You told me to stay or don’t you remember.” I had tried to leave last night, but he wouldn’t let me.

            “I remember.”

            He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I landed half on top of him, my breasts squished against his hard muscled chest. He started to kiss me, but I stopped him. “We should probably get ready for school.”

            “You don’t have any clothes here.”

            “I keep a spare uniform in the car for moments like this.” I stood up and stretched. That spare uniform was also for those times when people liked to play pranks on me with substances that stained clothes.

            “Don’t expect this to happen on a regular basis. Especially me staying the whole night.”

            “Are you sure about that?” He challenged, smirking.

            “Yes. I’m sure.”

            I went over to the mirror atop his dresser and looked at myself. When I saw my neck, my eyes widened. “Holy crap. Aiden! What the hell!”

            He chuckled. The bastard chuckled. My neck was covered with about four noticeable hickeys.

            “I’m going to need a scarf for this.” I glared at him.