Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

By the beginning of Monday morning, I had a feeling that today wasn’t going to be a good day. I really didn’t even want to go to school, but I did and I walked through the doors sulking to find a note on my locker. I took it off and looked at it. When I opened it, It read “slut”. I sighed and crumpled the paper in my hands before throwing it behind me.

“Littering is a crime.” I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to face Mark. He was not the first person I wanted to see at the beginning of the day. I moved away from him to avoid any confusion from onlookers. I did not want anyone thinking I was trying to hit on him or something.

“Hey.” I said, and then I resumed rummaging through my locker for the books I needed.

“You seem upset.” He said, stepping closer to me.

“I am Mark and I just want to be left alone.”

He frowned at me for a second before beginning to walk away, but I stopped him feeling like I should apologize. He didn’t do anything wrong and I had no reason to be rude. “Wait,” He turned around. “I didn’t mean to be mean Mark. I was just in a bad mood.”

“We all have our days,” he said.

“Yeah.” I agreed.

“So,” He said.

“So?”

“I’m thinking about taking your advice.”

I frowned, not remember giving him any advice on anything. “What advice?” I asked.

“I’m dumping her. I’m breaking up with Shelly.”

Suddenly what I said by the poolside started coming back to me. My eyes widened. “Why would you do that?”

He shrugged. “I don’t really like her and she’s not enough lately. I’m thinking that it’s time to move on.” I didn’t like the way he looked at me when he said that.

“I mean if that’s how you feel …” I said.

“Yeah.” He looked at the clock on the wall. “I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Yup.” I said. I turned around and closed my locker and then began to head to my first class.

I sat through it quietly, receiving nasty glares from a lot of girls. It seemed they all knew. And I had a feeling that a confrontation was in store for me and I was not looking forward to it. I was in many confrontations in the past and I hated them especially when they were accusing me of things that aren’t true which has happened many times unfortunately.

Girls were staring at me everywhere. Some even walked past me and pretended to cough while saying the word slut or whore. I ignored them like I always do now a days. There was a point in time where I wouldn’t take any shit from anyone. That ship sailed a while ago. I just didn’t feel like responding anymore so I took whatever they threw at me.

When I ran into Aiden in the hallway, I looked at him and he looked at me. He tried to say something, but I just ignored him and walked away. It was his fault I was stuck in this mess and if he thought I would give him any time of day now, he was wrong. I wasn’t talking to him ever again. It was probably his fault the whole school knows now anyway.

When I was on my way to lunch as usual, I was hoping to see Scott. I don’t know why. I just had this feeling that if I saw him, I would just feel better. I hadn’t seen him or heard from him since Saturday after he left. When we had come down together after we had sex, everyone was quiet at first and then Lynn had asked me how it was. I made a face and asked her what she was talking about then she said and I quote, “We can hear you from a mile away Callie.” I was pretty sure my face looked like a tomato after she said that and everyone laughed at me for being embarrassed. Unfortunately, instead of finding Scott at my locker, I found a group of pissed off girls.