Chapter 33

Chapter 33

            I didn’t see Aiden the next day or the day after that or the day after that, nor did he even call me. To say I felt lonely was an understatement. I felt extremely lonely without him around and even my friends couldn’t fill the void that he created when he wasn’t around.

            Alumni day was happening at my school so after late morning there were a ton of familiar faces running around, most of which hated me and gave me glares right along with the people who went here nowadays. Nothing changed.

            “If it isn’t my favorite baby, all grown up.” Leah, one of my only friends who was above me in grade was standing in front of me, looking as pretty as ever. She had let her light blonde hair grow long, but she didn’t look any less slutty with a form fitting top and jeans on. There was something about her that always screamed sex, much like I’ve been told about myself.

            “Hey, Leah. How’ve you been?”

            “Fantastic. You’ll love college and I’m not just saying you’ll love it because of the boys, but mostly because of the boys.”

            I gave her a small smile. “I’m sure.” I’d love anywhere as long as it wasn’t this school or any school with people like Carrie or Vicky in it for that matter. “Do you have a boyfriend yet?” I asked her, remembering that she was never without one.

            “Yes. He’s sweet and a great lay too.” She gushed.

            “I’m jealous.”

            “Don’t be. I miss the crazy old days and I see you have some early developers here.” She looked across the hall and I followed her gaze, seeing Mark alone at his locker.

            I grimaced and she noticed. “Something wrong?”

            “He’s my ex-boyfriend.”

            Leah frowned. “An ex-boyfriend? Shit. You dated someone again?”

            “It wasn’t serious and I don’t want to talk about it.”

            She laughed. “Drama. Life’s crap without it.”

            I sighed heavily. “Yeah well I’ve dealt with enough crap for one lifetime.”

            She frowned at my gloomy statement. “Jesus, you’re depressing.”

            “I know.”

            “Aww, cheer up. Guess who’s here and is a million times hotter than he was when he went here. I would have never thought I’d be swooning over him, but here I am, wishing I didn’t have a boyfriend. ”

            “Who?” I had no idea who she was talking about.

            “Gabe.”

            I smiled at the familiar name. “Oh?”

            “Something about your smile tells me that you know him.”

            “I do know who you’re talking about because I know his little brother, Mike, and I may have slept with Gabe freshman year.”

            “You smart bitch. You always knew how to pick them.”

            Maybe in the past I knew how to pick guys, but now I wasn’t so sure seeing how many issues I have today. The bell rang. “I’ve got to get to class so I’ll talk to you later Leah.”