Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Friday came around and I was in a really good mood. Making it through the entire day would mean I lasted an entire week of school without having sex with one guy. Sadly enough, I haven’t done that in a long time. I headed towards my first few classes of the day with a bright smile on my face. Today would be a good day.

Or so I thought. My smile instantly faded when I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and somebody nuzzling into my neck. I knew exactly who it was.

“Get away from me Mike.” I pushed him off from me with a frown on my face. He always did weird stuff like this. Mike was sort of a friend, but not really. He took a liking to me in ninth grade and sophomore year he slept with me. Ever since he likes to hang around me sometimes and do strangely affectionate things while spreading his inherent pessimism.

“I’ve heard about your little abstinence nonsense. I don’t think it’s going to last.” Mike was trying to shoot me down like he always did.

“Where’d you hear about that?” It wasn’t exactly public knowledge that I was not slutting around anymore, but I guessed since no one’s bragging about banging me people would probably start to catch on.

“I heard about it from a few sources.”

“Who?”

“Aiden and a few others.” Aiden? That douchebag.

“Be surprised, I’ve already lasted a whole week of school.” I said confidently.

“You still have today and I’d bet a hundred dollars that you’re going to give in. You haven’t lasted a week since like sophomore year.” He was right now that I thought about it. Had it really been that long? 

Either way, I was confident that I could make it through one more day and one hundred dollars in my pocket was all the incentive I needed. “I’ll need my money by the end of the day.” I smirked, stopping in front of my classroom.

 “We’ll see.” He said as he kept walking.

I went into my classroom with a huge grin as I looked forward to the easy hundred dollars I would be making by the end of the day. All I had to do was stay away from any form of temptation. In other words, I had to stay away from Scott. He’d been toying with me the whole week, sending flirtatious smiles, teasing me like crazy and pulling tormenting pranks on me. I can’t stand him. I couldn’t tell you how many times I was about to break the past few days because of him.

Aiden, on the other hand, hasn’t even bothered with me. He’s still running around with Anna, the crier girl, and a few others I’ve heard about, but I could care less. Apparently he’s been going around telling everyone that I’m not having sex anymore and a few guys who didn’t believe it actually came up to ask me about it. I ignored them and said nothing because I knew they would ask questions that I didn’t want to answer. Besides, what right did Aiden have to go around spreading my business? None. But I’m not dealing with him anymore. The only person I had to worry about was Scott.

When morning classes were over and I headed to my locker to put my stuff away, I saw Scott standing against my locker nonchalantly with his arms folded across his chest.  I groaned in frustration and walked straight past him. He grabbed my arm.

“Hey, wait.” He said.

I turned around and ripped my arm away from him. “What do you want?” I asked him curtly.

He pouted. “What’s gotten into you?” There he goes with that face again.

“Scott, I know you’re still just trying to get into my pants, but it’s not going to work.” I said.