Chapter 11

Chapter 11

            I wanted to go crawl in a hole. Scott had a girlfriend. Why didn't I know that he had a girlfriend? I was so embarrassed that I didn’t know what to do as I stood in front of him shocked. I mean, I even had sex with him. He let me have sex with him. I thought he was single. Why didn’t he tell me before I had sex with him and why would he flirt with me like that and constantly tease me?

            I suddenly felt extremely angry with him and raised my hand with the intention to slap him. He deserved it. He lied to me. And I thought he was better than Aiden. Now I knew I was wrong about him. I watched as he braced himself for the slap, but I put my hand down and just walked away, noticing how quite a few people were watching.

            “How’d it go?” Hailey asked as I walked past her and Lynn.

            “Not good.” I said and I headed towards my locker, grabbed my things, and went home, wanting to forget this entire day.

            A few hours later, I headed over to Wes’ house to return his things. His mother answered the door.

            “Callan? Is that you.” A bright smile lit up her face and she hugged me, squeezing me a little too tight. “I haven’t seen you in so long! Where have you been?” She gestured for me to come in and I followed her into the living room.

            I smiled. “Just down the street.”

            “You never come anymore.” She pouted.

            “I know. I’m sorry. It’s just that Wes and I don’t hang out that much anymore.”

            “Well I don’t know why not. You two were so cute together when you were little. Can I get you anything?”

            “I’m fine. Thank you.”

            “So what brings you here today?”

            I couldn’t exactly tell her I was here to return his clothes that I borrowed which were stuffed in the plastic bag that I was hiding behind my back. “Um well, I just came to visit. See how you all were doing. Where is Wes by the way?”

            “He’s upstairs in his room. You remember where that is right?”

            “Yeah. Thanks Mrs. Wilkins. It was nice to see you again.”

            I headed upstairs and towards Wes’ room, knocking on his door when I reached it.

            “Come in.” I heard.

            I walked in and saw him sitting at his desk doing homework in nothing but shorts. I threw the bag of clothes at him and it hit him on the head. He turned around, muttering something as he rubbed his head.

            “Mo- Oh hey there Callan.” I was trying to avoid looking at his toned chest.

            “I’ve returned your clothes. So I’m going to go now.” I said curtly.

            “Wait. Come sit. Hang out for a little bit.”

            I sighed. I guess it couldn’t hurt I thought as I sat down on the edge of his bed.

            “What was that with Scott today?” He asked.

            “You saw that?”