Chapter Twelve: To be or Something

Chapter 12: To be or Something

Ramon POV

She was avoiding me. Again. I feel conflicted about this because I shouldn't care, I really shouldn't and yet here I am in my home pacing back and forth needing her to pick up her phone or answer my text. Something.... Just something. I really only meant to tease her and yet I couldn't seal the deal? Why'd I choke? Why couldn't I kiss her? Oh wait because of a stupid knock. I wondered what her lips would've felt like against mines. They look so soft and plump... What is she doing to me? I mean I'm practically forced to doing this scam with the woman I hate most and yet I'm standing here wanting her to call me, me wanting to kiss her or thinking about what would've happened if we did kiss and—

Ring, ring.

I looked on the caller I.D gazing at Eveline's name I picked it up clearing my throat. "Well it's about time you called me back. You had me worried." I frowned as if she could see me but I know she could hear it in my voice so that's good enough.

"You were worried?" She asked softly and i may be delusional but I could hear the smile within her speaking which in terms made the hardened features upon my face wash away.

"Of course I was. Hell I still am. I went to your apartment only to find you weren't there, where are you?"

"Open up your front door."

I walked towards my door opening it to find her standing right there. I hung up the phone placing it in my back pocket and without thinking I grabbed her by the waist pulling her close to my chest in an embrace.

"Don't do that again, Little Linnie I'm serious." I sighed softly placing my chin on the crown of her head inhaling her sweet vanilla scent before realizing the stalker move I came back to my senses and pulled away a bit rubbing the back of my head with a half smile. She looked up towards my gaze searching my eyes before grinning.

"Wow... you really were worried about me weren't you?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.... Tease me all you want."

"I'm not. It's just... It's nice to see that. May I come in now or do I have to keep standing out here?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry, please by all means come in."

I said stepping to the side letting her in, closing the door behind her I locked it before following her into the living room, she was in awe of my home looking at the paintings and photos. She turned around facing me tucking her hands into her pockets.

"You have such a beautiful home. I love the paintings mostly. They look very raw and emotional... handmade."

I was appalled at the way she picked it up so easily, I chuckled lightly before nodding myself.

"Yeah. Good eye there. I did them myself, guilty as charged. Why not take a seat?"

"I don't know what's safe in your house. This floor where I'm standing may even be dirty as well."

At that I rolled my eyes before shaking my head, I pulled out two wine glasses before pulling out my chardonay bottle pouring it into the glasses placing one on the kitchen counter. She walked over towards my way sitting on the stool taking the glass not drinking it just yet.

"So... are we going to talk about what almost happened earlier today? Or... just pretend it never happened?"

I quirked a brow towards the question unsure on how to answer her. Of course I want to talk about what happened but it wouldn't make any sense at all since our lips never touched.

"Well... I mean... I um.."

"You're still choked up I see. And I thought I was the female."

She grinned towards my direction. I scoffed before turning my back on her downing my liquor and washing my glass.

"Whatever. Well... I mean I wouldn't mind talking about it Eveline but there really isn't anything to talk about considering nothing happened."

I turned back around to face her, she had her arms crossed on the counter before shrugging her shoulders lightly.

"That's true. So, then enough about that. Back to the task at hand. What's our next fake date?"

I was a bit wounded by the word 'fake' I mean I know this whole arrangement is a sham but a small part of me wants this to be a bit real... God I do sound like a female. I frowned towards myself in deep thought in which she snapped me out of it.

"Ramon... Are you alright?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking upon our next date is all."

"I'll choose instead."

"What? You? Really?"

"Yeah. You've done more than enough. The past few months have been amazing and you even spoiled me a bit when taking me to Paris to get away from the paparazzi craziness. It's my turn, you can't keep spending your money on me sham or not."

"I don't mind spoiling you though, you're worth every bit of it."

I blurted out without any thought to it. She stared at me softly before smiling warmly, I could see the blush forming on her gorgeous chestnut cheeks before looking down running her fingers through her hair clearing her throat.

"I should um.. I should go and plan our date for tomorrow then. Make sure you take the whole day off."

She said standing up heading towards the door taking one more gaze at me and opened it walking out closing it behind her. I chuckled softly before looking at her wine glass and smiled. Yeah... she's worth every single penny.