Chapter Four: Uneventful Changes

Ramon POV

The following morning Eveline and I were back in the office of the Mystifying Magazine Company to give Makato our answer upon the scam.

"We will do it." I said looking towards Eveline before looking back at Makato who only grinned widely.

"Excellent. I'll have a few 'paparazzi' men following you guys as long as you give me dates, places, events, and well... You know... All of that jazz."

Eveline nodded before clearing her throat.

"Well now... Does that mean we're done here?"

"Someone's in a mood. Sure there princess we're done."

Makato said in a sadistic tone watching her stand up from her chair and walked out of the office. I frowned lightly wondering where her mood came from. It was like that this morning as well, I stood up myself walking after her catching up to her with ease. I hurriedly place myself in front of the elevator button looking straight at her.

"Ah Ah Ah... Where do you think you're going?"

I asked with an arched brow looking down at her. Obviously she didn't really seem to be in a gaming mood but I have to at least crack one smile from her or have her usual sarcastic feisty comments or something because I can't have her like this.

"Get out of my way Cortez."

"Last name basis now? Really? That hurts."

"I'm not kidding. Move."

"Not until you tell me your issue there sunshine."

"My issue is letting you talk me into this stupid ass scam now move."

"You agreed to it because of our side deal."

"Well... Whatever. Deal's off."

"No can do. We already told Makato we're doing this so the deal have to stay on."

"No it doesn't. I don't care for it anymore."

"Why's that?"

"It's none of your business. Just forget about it."

"No, not until you tell me why."

"I don't have to."

"Yes you do, sweetheart. We are a package deal now."

"Buzz off Ramon."

"Not until you say why."

"I don't want to see Jet anymore!"

She finally yelled out while taking a few steps back from me. She tears her eyes away before raking her fingers through her hair. Closing her eyes I could tell she was trying to fight back tears. She lets out a huge sigh calming herself down before opening her brown eyes towards me once more.

"Now... Will you please get out of my way?"

She asked in a small whisper crossing her arms over her chest. I looked into her eyes gently before shaking my head.

"No.. We have to talk about this."

"Why? It's my business not yours."

"Wasn't it you who said we should start getting along for the sake of this magazine?"

She rolled her eyes before looking for another outlet but then gave up walking back into the wall that was behind her and leaned her head back gently looking up towards the ceiling.

"What do you want to know?"

She mumbled out placing her gaze back onto me. I tucked my hands into the back of my pockets.

"Everything. Start from the beginning as to how or why you're at this point now when last night you were really into him."

She sighed before messing with her hair once more putting a bit of it into her left crown causing a few strands to go over her eye.

"Fine. Here it goes."

[Eveline Short POV]

As I walked out of the host club last night I realized that Jet wasn't anywhere to be found. That was until I heard some giggling around the corner, I frowned lightly walking slowly to see where the source was coming from and as soon as I made it around my eyes weren't deceiving me one bit. Here he was in front of me kissing a guest from his fan club. I crossed my arms over my chest before clearing my throat.

"And here I thought you said you're not allowed to even touch the guests let alone kiss them."

This made both of them pull away from each other quickly and her eyes widened when gazing upon mines.

"Evie... I can explain."

"No. Don't even bother. We're not together right? I'm not yours and you're definitely not mines so whatever we had is to an end and I hope you have a magnificent life Jet. Goodbye."

With that I turned on my heel and walked off. I didn't even bother looking back and yet no tears were being shed from the whole situation, I quickly got in my car starting it up and drove off.

Ramon POV

After hearing her story I sighed softly shaking my head. Well he's a dumb ass. I pressed the button hearing a ding shortly after stepping to the side letting her in first before walking in after her.

"I can fire him if you'd like."

I said looking at her, she gazed back towards me and let's out a laugh covering her lips which made my lips quirk up in a half smile.

"There's that smile. I'm serious though."

"It's fine Ramon. You just worry about where you're taking me tonight."

"Oh? So demanding. What makes you think I'm taking you somewhere tonight?"

"I don't think. I just know. I'll go ahead and do a little shopping for the occasion."

"Oh I feel so special."

"As you should."

She said walking towards me being in front of me now smirking. Her eyes met mine and I swear I was frozen, the way she's looking at me now I don't know how to feel and yet I want more of this particular look. She leaned towards me slowly.

"By the way.."

She said in a small whisper.

"Yes?"

"Your fly was down the whole entire time."

The elevator opened and she turned around smoothly walking out of it leaving me standing there appalled with what just happened, once I looked down I quickly zipped my pants up feeling my face burning from embarrassment rubbing the back of my head walking out of the elevator myself. She wants to tease me like that? Then fine... Let the games begin.