Chapter Fourteen: Taking A Risk

Chapter 14: Taking A Risk

Ramon POV

Well today is the day. I'm actually going to spend the whole day with Eveline at her job. I've been standing in front of the building for who knows how long. I shook my head shoving my hands into my pockets heading inside, finally. I was casual today of course no need to be in business clothes, I'm just wearing a dark red shirt with my black jeans and my business shoes. They can be casual at times too so why not? I went towards the receptionist and smiled politely at her, somehow even my polite smile makes her swoon and she giggles uncontrollably before touching the intercom.

"Boss. Your boyfriend is here."

I blinked at the word and felt my neck getting hot before my cheeks forgetting that the receptionist is probably the only person who doesn't know about the scam, the thought of me being Eveline's actual boyfriend is prodigious. Hearing Eveline's voice my thoughts got knocked off.

"Okay, send him up."

I nodded lightly towards Janet before heading into the elevator, as soon as I reached her floor I walked inside of the room seeing her working with two models, it was an interracial couple. She had them doing all kinds of poses and finally a kiss pose but it didn't seem real.

"No, no. Kendra don't be shy or afraid to kiss him. You have to make it look real doll. He is a fine specimen and I can see why you're so nervous so let me ease you into it. Move back really quick please."

Eveline smiled her gorgeous smile that made my heart leaped, just for a smile? It wasn't even towards my way and it made my heart leaped. She got in the position that Kendra was once in and wrapped her arms around the male getting closer to him and that made me frown deeply. I don't like that. And I definitely don't like his hands around her waist, I mean I know she's just teaching the model but this just seems too real and I couldn't take anymore of it and I coughed loudly before they even attempt to lean into one another. Eveline looked over her shoulder at me and unraveled herself from the male and walked towards me with a smile before wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me closely. I wrapped my arms around her waist keeping a tight hold on her not wanting to let her go. I inhaled her beautiful apple cinnamon scent before feeling her pull away.

"Glad you could make it finally. Took you long enough I went through two couples before you arrived."

"Well I did say the whole day but I didn't say what time."

I winked at her, she chuckled before turning around going back to her models.

"Okay, so you see how I was with Sean? It's all about the chemistry doll."

"Umm... About that Miss—"

"Ah. Eveline dear."

"Eveline... I have a small problem."

Kendra then whispered into Eveline's ear and she chuckled softly before nodding lightly. Makes me wonder what she said.

"I understand completely Kendra, how about this then. I put a brown sack over Sean's head?"

Sean and I laughed loudly at that while Kendra was blushing furiously. I understand now! She has a tiny crush on him. Poor thing, if only dating co-workers wasn't taboo in this place. Sean looked at her with a gleam in his eyes, I know that look... he's going to try to pursue her anyways knowing the rules. My kind of dude. I mean I feel myself trying to pursue Eveline little by little... wait what?

"I'm jesting of course, but this is just a one time partner up. Plus you're in a garden at night and is deeply in love. There's romance and passion. I'm sure you could survive a kiss."

"It's not that easy though Eveline."

"Sure it is."

"Have you kissed Mr. Cortez yet, then?"

At this I choked on my water that I just got while watching them and looked towards Eveline as she giggles nervously which I was taken back by since she never giggles. She then looked towards me in a bashful way before looking back at Kendra.

"Kendra... You know our situation. I mean it's only really been three months about to be four."

"That's plenty of time for at least one kiss."

Eveline ran her fingers through her hair before clearing her throat trying to regain her composure.

"Umm... T-this isn't about Ramon and I. This is about you guys and your chemistry. You can just hug if you want to."

At this Sean frowned disappointedly, as did I. I really wanted that kiss from Eveline, I was kind of hoping that Kendra would dare her to kiss me or something.

"No, no. I'm okay now I just wanted you in my shoes for a minute there. I can stage a kiss."

She chuckled softly before looking back at Sean and wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in towards him kissing him. Now it looks real while Eveline takes a few pictures and placed her camera down.

"Thank you guys. Your check will be with Janet. Have a good day."

She smiled towards them watching as they leave, I grinned before strolling in her direction.

"You know they're going to get together right?"

"Yeah I see the chemistry. They know the rules though."

"Can't stop Love Little Linnie."

"But you can?"

She shot back at me with a quirk of a brow, I raised my hands in defeat before shoving them back into my pockets.

"This seems like a lot. Choosing different backgrounds, doing the props to make it fit and look real and having the models in the perfect outfits. How do you do it?"

As she was sitting behind her desk plugging the camera within her laptop she looked at me with a small smile and waved me over. I walked behind her watching her putting effects into the photos that she just took of Kendra and Sean.

"I just... mostly use my imagination. I partner the models up for a specific background or theme and just let the magic unfolds."

I leaned down next to her watching the photos being put together, then all of a sudden the mouse stopped moving. I looked over towards Eveline noticing our close proximity.

"Oh I'm sorry."

I chuckled nervously raising up rubbing the back of my head. She laughs softly before finishing up then sets it on her website before closing her laptop. She stood up and gathered her items.

"Going to watch me all day or come with? Or... Do you want your picture taken?"

She smirked looking up at me. I grinned wanting to take a risk by saying this.

"The only time I want my picture taken with you is when it's our wedding photo shoot and I'm kissing you mostly."

She dropped her stuff stumbling over them then regain her composure before bending down picking them up hurriedly. I went over to her helping her by picking a few of the papers up standing up and she faced me. We stood there for quite some time just gazing into one another's eyes. I was close to leaning in until the intercom came on.

"Hey boss. It's time for closing, shall I close for today?"

Eveline jumped back before grabbing the papers from my hand mouthing a 'thank you' before pressing the button to speak back.

"We'll be right down Janet. Thank you hun."

She placed the papers within her bag then head towards the elevator as I follow her. It was a silence but it wasn't awkward yet it also wasn't comfortable either. I didn't know how to explain it. I just want to kiss her so badly, touch her, pleasure her all over. Just the thought of her under me made my body hot and next thing you know.

"Um... Ramon. You have a.. situation."

She said softly and I looked at her before looking down and blushed furiously cursing myself covering myself.

*Good going dude. You took a risk alright.*