Chapter Three: Differences

Eveline POV

After following the bozo to his business I parked my car in the V.I.P section because I'm a boss. You'd do it too, don't judge me, anyways I made my way inside of the building and I was actually impressed by the interior of it all. It was a nice marbled tan design with hardwood floor and boy was it a full house tonight. I gazed around in awe only for a bit before going back to my poker face. Don't need Ramon holding this over my head forever, I felt a hand upon my shoulder and I looked over my shoulder spotting Jet. With a smile he swiftly removed my overcoat and placed it on the rack before holding out his arm towards me. I smiled and linked my hands with his arm feeling his muscle.

"You look gorgeous Evie. Do color me impressed all the way, and I see your hair isn't messy nor does your hands have blood on them so I take it that the meeting went well?"

He asked with an arched brow. Why does everyone assume I am just /that/ violent when it comes to Ramon? First Makato and now Jet, Jeez do I hate the guy that much or something? Ramon isn't dramatic like this and that's a plus aside from his rugged good looks— Okay That conversation needed to come to an end before I barf at myself. Jet brought me to the bar pulling out the chair for me as I sat in it my elbows immediately propped themselves upon the table top and I was faced with Lucifer himself. He smiled his usual charming smile as if I was really one of the ladies from his fab club.

"What'll it be princess?"

Gross, never have I ever heard him use that word and on top of that he knows I hate being called princess. I grinned at him and leaned back in my chair,

"Apologies good sir but I believe another host already came to my aid not a minute too soon when I walked in."

I winked towards Jet who started flushing while rubbing the back of his head.

"Indeed. I have to say ma'am that the dress is amazing on you once more."

He added as I then smile genuinely before clearing my throat.

"Well if it caught your eyes then that's all that matters."

"Jet I believe your fan club is here and of course you must tend to them."

Ramon said cutting in our flirting moment, I looked towards his face and seen some sort of contorted features but I couldn't make them out long enough since he brought his smile back on quickly gazing towards my direction.

"Duty calls."

I chuckled only a bit and yes I'm twenty years old I still have a little immaturity in me okay? Again, don't judge me.

"Apparently so. It called a bit too quickly but it called nonetheless I guess. Hmm... I'll have your Long Island iced tea with the lemon on the rim of the glass please."

He looked at me with a shocked expression like the one before the meeting and I chuckled gently.

"What? You made that face at least twice today when looking at me."

"You just... surprise me is all."

"I don't know how to take that."

I said while leaning forward once more placing my elbows onto the table top yet again.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing. Me surprising you?"

I asked with an arched brow keeping my gaze on his. He leaned forward only a bit.

"Hm... I don't know just yet but stay tuned. I might be the one surprising you next that is... if you go along with this whole scam thing."

I looked around and sighed before looking back at Ramon.

"I'm still not sure about this."

"It does make perfect sense though Little Linnie you can't deny it."

"Where's my drink?"

"Ah ah ah... Come on. After you give me an answer then I will make your Well specific drink."

"It's not well specific I just know what I like."

"Ironically that's my favorite drink as well."

"When are you going to stop lying?"

"I'm not lying. Besides... This little scam thing can keep both of us on our toes. Me especially because if it falls through you have all the bragging rights in the world and you can also continue on parking in the V.I.P section when visiting here for your beloved Jet."

"That does sound quite tempting indeed... Okay fine. But first we go on dates."

"Well of course. If I take you to nice ones you'll fall in love with me and I can't have that."

"Oh ha ha don't make me upchuck."

"Looks like someone doesn't need a drink then."

"Ramon! Don't play with me I need this drink almost everyday now since I'll be dealing with you."

"Ohoho zing. Right there in my ego."

He laughs shaking his head turning around to make my drink. I smiled lightly before looking at my phone that was apparently blowing up, I frowned mainly at myself because I usually would pay attention to my phone since it's ringing nonstop.

"Got to take care of some business?"

He asked looking at me with my drink in his hand. I shrugged before looking at the texts spotting the randomness from my best friend Sera and how she's basically drunk texting me again. I placed my phone back onto the table shaking my head.

"No. The only business I have right now is that drink I'm eyeing."

Ramon handed me the liquor and waits for me to taste it, which meant that he seriously made it to the T. I took a sip of the iced tea and smiled in delight.

"This is... amazing. I won't even lie."

I chuckled leaning back catching his eyesight with mines.

"Yeah? You think so? I have been working on my skills."

"Ramon. This is really good, you've done well."

"Awesome. And look you don't have to do the scam if you don't want to, I completely understand."

"Stop it. I already said I'm in and that's what it's going to be. Tomorrow we meet back with Makato and actually learn to get along or try."

I said with a shrug before standing up grabbing my phone placing a huge tip upon the table top with my drink on top of it with a smile towards him before walking out of the club grabbing my coat on the way out. I can't believe I'm about to ignite a fire.