Chapter Seven: Smooth Sailing

Eveline POV

We've been going on these dates for five months and since then business has been picking up a lot more than usual, of course my models already know what's going on, but it doesn't stop the questions from customers of course. Not the hardball questions, no, it's more along the lines of

'How is everything?'

'Are you guys getting serious?'

Just simple things like that. Actually he and I are going on a mini-vacation on a cruise for a few weeks. I've never taken a vacation before ever, so this is a first for me. I'm never one to relax because the small fracture of minute that I start to relax something always go hectic and I have to be the one to fix it all. Life of a business owner can sometimes get so troubling you'd just wish you can be an employee at a barista cafe once more.

"Eveline..."

A voice called out my name causing my head to snap up pulling me out of my thoughts, the voice belonged to none other than my assistant Harlene,

"There she is. Five minutes of calling you and you finally pay attention to me."

"My sincere apologies Harlene. How may I be of aid to you?"

"It's closing time. I am scheduled to close tonight."

"Ah. Of course, let me uh... Let me go ahead and gather my things and be on my way."

I said shaking my head standing up from my seat pushing my papers together stacking them neatly upon the right hand side of the table then finally close my laptop with a small sigh.

"You know what? Why don't you go ahead and head home, I'll close tonight."

Harlene's expression went from calm to chipper and she smiled towards me and nodded.

"Okay, Boss. See you in the morning then."

"That you will. Stay safe and have a great night my dear."

"Will do."

She called out while walking away, I run my fingers through my curls before putting my hair in a puffed out ponytail.

"Dates I can do but a mini-vacation? God... Makato is really pushing this. At least it'll be in Paris. That's the most secluded place ever and it's very refreshing to not have paparazzi chasing us all the time, even when hired they're just as annoying.

"Are you going to stare out of the window all day or are you going to go pack for our little vacation?"

A smooth voice asked, of course it doesn't take a rocket science to know who the rich voice belonged to. I turned around gazing at him with a small smile.

"Should I even ask how you got in?"

"Flashed a smile towards your assistant and she just felt weak in the knees."

I rolled my eyes chuckling before walking back towards my desk grabbing my camera holding it up by the strap and placing it over my head so that it would hang around my neck.

"You and your causes."

"What can I say? Hosting is a tricky... tricky business my dear."

"Right."

He finally decided to stride towards my direction reaching just a few feet in front of me before stopping within his tracks.

"Hey... don't be so nervous, we can finally be ourselves again in Paris. I miss hating you sweetly."

He winked at me, I laughed whole heartedly before shaking my head.

"You can be such a dick at times."

I said while playfully punching him in the chest, he grabbed my fist while looking down at me with an actual genuine smile this time.

"Come on Little Linnie... This is your dream place Makato did reading on you and plus it's secluded. No paparazzi... No problem."

My orbs went from his warm hazel gaze towards our close proximity then towards our hands. After he noticed where my gaze was he quickly removed his hand from mine and rubbed the back of his head nervously with a chuckle.

"Sincere apologies. Anyways I will... see you at the airport in the morning, hm?"

He asked with a dazzling smile. I nodded lightly looking back up towards him taking in his handsome features he almost remind me of the main character  of the show Lucifer as the devil himself. Same tan skin color, hazel eyes are the only difference but the hair and the smooth shave are all the same. I couldn't help but admire his rugged good looks, he smirked down at me then cleared his throat,

"Like something you see there enchantress?"

I looked back up into his gaze and chuckled arching a brow.

"Enchantress huh?"

I grinned teasingly, he took a step back rubbing the back of his head once more.

"Anyways... See you in the morning."

He said once more before finally turning around to head on out of the door.

"I'll pick you up if I have to."

He called back, I smiled lightly before finishing up with the cleaning.

*You just want to.*

I thought to myself before taking a few of the application papers that were sent in awhile back I haven't had the time to review them or anything of that nature due to the fact I've been so busy with my job and fake relationship. No matter, I brought the papers with me heading down the stairs this time since I don't feel like taking the elevator, I set the alarm and headed on out of the door into the cool crisp night ready to go home and rest up for a well deserved vacation.