Chapter Eleven: What Just Happened?

Chapter 11: What Just Happened?

Eveline POV

It's been a few weeks since Paris and us not conversing. I mean I'm glad the magazine haven't noticed yet, nor did Makato. Don't get me wrong he tried for a bit but I wouldn't budge I knew sooner or later I would have to talk to him to keep this sham up but it's so tiring. I can't keep feigning this relationship, I mean I know it's not real but... A small part of me wants it to be and I don't want that to become a big part at all because I'm not the type of person who have or grow feelings for an egotistical, flirtatious, stubborn and conceited dick-head. Yet here I am gazing out of the window of my apartment watching his host club. I let out a frustrated scream before putting my hair in a high ponytail I had to redo my silk press since it was messed up and what not. I put on a corset with some nice black slacks and ankle boots along with a jean jacket. I put eyeliner on with my favorite plum matte lipstick.

"You can do this Eveline... Just March right in there and tell him you're out. Then go to the magazine company and tell Makato the same thing. Not hard at all."

I said to myself before quickly thinking,

*Yeah fucking right.*

I blew out a small breath before putting on some perfume and grabbed my keys heading out of the door. Since the club was just a block away I decided to walk, it didn't take long at all until I arrived at the club. Entering inside of it the chattered died down and all eyes were on me, I tucked my hands into my jacket pockets while walking ahead heading up towards his office and that's when the chatter continued. I knocked on his door and as soon as it opened it revealed a brunette chick this time, her hair seemed a bit messy but everything else was intact meaning they were about to be busy. She clears her throat before giving a faint smile.

"Yes?"

"Tell bozo in there I quit. He'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Blondes are his favorite my ass."

I said turning on my heel and was about to walk off until I felt a hand upon my forearm pulling me inside of the room.

"Leave us."

He said towards the brunette,

"But-"

"Now."

He said hardening his gaze on her, she looked towards my direction before stomping out slamming the door behind herself. I kept my eyes on the door before hearing his voice catching my attention.

"So let me get this straight you avoid me for weeks, ignore my calls and my texts and all of a sudden have the raw nerve to show up here to tell someone else to tell me that you quit?"

"You can get another female to do the job it seems to me you have plenty of bachelorettes out there."

I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh very funny nothing happened."

"Yet. Until I showed up. I was going to let you finish up too until you pulled me in here."

"Like you wouldn't care."

"Oh believe me I honestly wouldn't give two shits about you sleeping around with one after another. That's all you're good at anyways."

"Oh right another Zinger. That's all you're good for is to sham me over and over but at the end of the day you want to be slept with."

"Maybe not with you because unlike those girls I don't look at pretty faces I couldn't care less about it all. I like a guy with a personality and I thought you had one but I was wrong as per fucking usual."

I said before heading towards the door,

"There she goes again always wanting to storm out that's like a huge thing with you isn't it?!"

I scoffed at his question before turning around on my heel,

"Oh Fuck you Ramon! I'd rather go somewhere than to argue with you all day long! All you do after arguments is sleep around and flirt with the next piece of pussy you fucking see all day everyday!"

I said with a vociferous tone. He took a step closer to me as if he didn't care of my hatred for him. His lips quirked up into a grin but when he saw how dark my eyes were that's when he stopped in his track but kept a safe distance all the same. Yet the grin never removed itself from his features.

"What the hell are you even gazing at?"

I frowned deeply keeping my arms crossed over my chest. He just looked at me with his alluring forest green hues spreading his grin into a smile taking a small step towards me.

"I'm gazing at you Eveline... You're quite gorgeous when you're mad like this."

His voice was as smooth as a crunchy peanut butter while his right hand grabbed onto his tailored suit. His chocolate feathery hair was flowing evenly within the wind.

"I can't help but admire you like this."

He finished off. I simply rolled my eyes shaking my head from his compliment.

"Look, Ramon. You may use the same old predictable lines to the females in your business but I'm used to it all and I have my own line of work to run."

I said turning on my heel getting ready to walk off once more, but I felt a hand on my waist turning me around and now we were face to face. His hand was so warm and with the feeling it's shooting electricity through my system, as if I've been yearning for such a sweet touch like this. What on Earth is going on with me? He seemed shocked himself because his usual poker face was washed away and it was as if we were the only two people within his club. He bites his bottom lip letting out a small whisper.

"I... Only meant to tease and yet.. I'm the one getting choked up now."

My hands finally made their way towards his chest rising their way up to his feathery hair running through them while now biting down on my own bottom lip.

"Well... Who knew the most cunning of them all could get choked up?"

I responded just as soft and his chuckle sent shivers down my spine. He leaned in closely as I did the same. Our lips were close to one another but then a knock sounded at his door and I quickly pulled away turning from him, he lets out a grunt of frustration before opening his door.

"This better be good."

He told the individual who was talking to him, I cleared my throat grabbing both of their attentions.

"I should go and let you two handle business, I have other endeavors to plan for anyways so I shall bid you adieu."

I said quickly with a smile walking out of his office and down the stairs exiting the club. My heart was racing in my chest sounding like a beating drum and it was as if my legs were trying to turn into jello but I kept them firm until I reached my house. The one question on my mind is

'What almost happened?'