21.

Updated earlier than my usual time since it's Sunday :)

--

Chapter 21.
Honeymoon vibes.

Anaaya

Anaaya.

I woke up to the soft sheets and the early rays of the sun peeked through the blinds. Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face, blinking a few times to adjust to the light in the room.

I stretched my arms above my head, yawning as I did so. The fatique of the long airplane ride followed by events of last night, was all washed away. My body felt relaxed and serene. 

Feeling the warmth of a body against me, I smiled. The man laying beside me was typing away on his laptop. I already knew he had woken up early just to get some work done. 

"What about that promise?" I whispered groggily, I heard him type fast the laptop as his left hand encircled my waist. 

"Technically, I didn't break it." He argued.

How could I ever win against a man who got paid for his arguments? 

I turned around and stared at him, observing the way he worked. His eyes were focused on the screen, his hands typing away each detail, each and every word he chose to write was written so carefully, as if a tiny mistake could cost him a huge deal. 

I observed the way his lips pressed into a thin line as he comprehended what was written, the way his eyebrows furrowed and the way he would sigh. 

"You're staring at me wife, I can feel it." He stated, catching me staring at him yet again. 

"So what if I am hmm?" I replied softly. 

"It's distracting." He mumbled back, shutting his laptop off and looking at me. 

"Distractions aren't so bad, right?." I shot back and he chuckled, his lips kissing my shoulder blades. 

"Not when they look like you." He answered, making me take a soft gasp of breath.