28.

Need your comments.

Enjoy!!

Chapter 28.
Expect the expecting.

Anaaya x Hassan

She was pregnant.

That's what the gynecologist said, that is what the three different tests said and that is what the internet said. There was no other possible excuse for a period delay, stomach cramps, nausea, food poisoning and the feeling of dizziness that washed over her every single day.

She didn't want to believe it.

Believing it would make it all a reality.  She was not even 25 right now. She had plans. She had to open her own production house or become the chief editor of a big magazine. She had so much to write and so much to do and the baby would become a hurdle in every single plan of hers.

Yes she married Hassan. And even fell in love with him quite quickly but that didn't mean she was ready to have a child with him.

She hardly knew him. She knew bits and parts of his personality. She knew she was either too calm and calculated or either he was just confusing.

She was sure he didn't want a baby either. But here's she was, pregnant.

She hadn't texted or called him after the last time he hung up on her and she wasn't planning on doing so anytime soon. According to her mother-in-law he was returning tonight.

Which meant that Anaaya had to tell him everything as soon as he arrived.

Abortion was not an option. She had written so much about abortions and child murder. She was not going to be a hypocrite and do it herself when she loathed the women who did it.

So what choices were left for her? Hassan hardly had time for her, there was no way he was ready to be a father.

She remembered telling her mother about her pregnancy. She had been so happy and had scolded her daughter for crying at such a blessing.

Anaaya did not think it was a blessing. How could it be a blessing when it had arrived at the worst time. She was already having a hard time adjusting in all of this chaos and a baby just seemed like the cherry on top of a disaster.

She had not told anyone from her in laws about her pregnancy. She even wished for a miscarriage. Even thinking about it made her feel like the worst person on the planet but she just did not want to be a mother right now.

Not for years even.

She didn't know how but she was sitting on the edge of the couch when unwanted tears started leaking from her eyes yet again. The tears soon changed into sobs.

Hassan on the other hand had just arrived home. He greeted his mother and father, he had gone and met Rania, he sat with her for about fifteen minutes enquiring about her health and how she was feeling now.

It was not until he reached the living room of his portion when he heard voices of someone crying.

That someone being his own wife. He remembered that call a few days back, he knew she want to to say something, something important.

But he was so busy consumed with so much work that paying attention to what ever she wanted to say was the last thing he wanted to do.

He felt guilty for ignoring her but at the same time they had argued before he left. So it only made sense if they patched up when he came back.

He wouldn't admit it in front of her but he missed her.

He had gotten used to laying beside her. He had developed the habit of rolling on the bedside during sleep and pulling her in his arms.