8.

Jaane kaise baandhe tu ne akhiyon ke dor

Man mera khincha chala aaya teri or

I don’t know what enchantment your gaze brought

My heart became drawn to you irresistibly

Chapter 8.
It's only a big deal if you make it out to be a big deal.

Hassan x Anaaya

"What?" Anaaya gulped, already dreading the upcoming conversation. She didn't know how Hassan was going to react. She thought about lying for a minute but then decided against it.

If he was understanding and kind, if he was a mature person, he would understand.

"Was I your first kiss? Is that why you were nervous?" He repeated his question, elaborating it this time.

Anaaya was nervous to kiss him because this was the first time her heart had beat so fast, the first time that she had actually felt her palms get sweaty. She hadn't felt overwhelmed like this before. That made her nervous.

"Why don't we sit and talk about it?" She suggested. Hassan typed away at the laptop and looked at her.

"So, no?" He asked with a raised eye. Anaaya swallowed the bile in her throat.

"No, Hassan. You were not my first kiss." She said it clearly, she closed her eyes for a second. A little intimidated.

"Oh, alright." Hassan shrugged murmuring those words and then casually went back to his work.

What?

Anaaya walked forward, sitting on the  edge of the bed. Hassan put his laptop away, trying to give her more attention.

"That's it? I expected a different reaction." She said, in utter disbelief.

Hassan smirked. 

"As in I should scream in jealousy and whine at you?" He shot back. Was that the reaction she had expected? Did she really think he was that kind of person?

"No, I mean not alot of desi husbands can handle this kind of information." She clarified. He got up from his laid back position and took her hands in his.

"Anaaya, I wasn't a saint before you and I'm sure you weren't a saint before. But it's the past. So whatever, right?" He looked at her for reassurance. She nodded.

"Right." She mumbled. "So I reckon I wasn't your first kiss either?" She questioned, right after that.

"No, my first was Lisa." He replied. She raised an eyebrow.

Lisa? Ew? Who was Lisa? Anaaya felt a tinge of jealousy for no reason.

"Lisa?" She interrogated. Hassan sighed.