24.

I know I haven't been regular with the updates and I'm sorry but here you go.

This chapter is dramtic and slightly violent. Family drama continues haha x

Please vote and make sure to comment more :))

Chapter 24
Get out of my sight.

Chapter 24 Get out of my sight

Anaaya.

I had a fair judgement of my husband in mind. He was thoughtful, understanding and extremely grateful for all that he had. He was passionate about his work and he cherished his family just as much.

What I didn't really understand about him was the amount of pent up anger and frustration he had inside of him.

For the five days that Rania was missing, He was calm and collected. He would comfort his mother, then go out to find his sister, he didn't eat much, didn't talk to me much.

I didn't try to talk to him anyway, I gave him his space and at the same time, did all that I could to comfort him and his family.

The one thing that Hassan had actually done for me was the fact that he didn't tell anyone about my knowledge regarding Rania's boyfriend. He had told me that nobody would understand my side and blame me instead.

They had found Rania two days ago in Bhurban, her body was beaten up. I hadn't seen someone in such a shock before and I hadn't seen the whole family so devastated.

Even I choked up looking at her..even though she wasn't my blood. I couldn't even imagine Hassan's pain, seeing his sister so ruined.

Rania needed her family's support but the way she was stood in the middle of the room, she wasn't going to be let off easily.

I glanced at her state and visibly stiffened, her once pale skin was now marked with blue and purple, her eyes swollen and her chin badly beaten up. Her body was shaking and nobody knew what had happened.

"Ye kya Kiya tum ne Rania? Apni izzat luta ke a gayi? (What did you do Rania? You lost your honor?)" Her mother sobbed.

She didn't say anything after that, she just sat on the sofa beside her husband. The old couple didn't even look at their daughter and instead looked down.

Rania cried, not saying anything. I wasn't sure if she had been beaten, raped or God knows what. It made my heart ache.

I didn't understand why they were all judging her in such a critical situation. She was obviously in pain and yet they cared about their 'izzat'

It wasn't untill Azlaan and Hassan stepped forward that I sighed a breath of relief, they stood in front of their sister. Hassan lifted her chin and made her look at him.

My husband's lip wobbled a bit and it seemed like he was almost holding back his own tears. He kept examining her face, Rania stared at him with hopeful eyes. He stepped back.